NCAA official attendance #'s

49r

We outdrew UCLA and Duke in what was basically a season with an undermanned team which was picked dead last in the conference.  Maybe some of it was for the last hurrah at the Bob, but in my opinion it's more of a testament to how much we as a fan base believe in, and like, Coach Miles. 

It's a sure bet we'll be top 20 in attendance this year and the next several.  Pinnacle will be rocking if Miles gets it going like I think he will. 

Huskers.com has an article bragging up these numbers, but in reality, the 10K average is sold seats, not actual attendance, which was 8K last year.  It's not accurate for the University to compare the attendance in the 90s and earlier because the actual attendance was used at that time by NU and most other schools. 

I don't mind them tracking seats sold, but I hope they will continue to announce the actual attendance at PBA as they did at BDSC.

We outdrew UCLA and Duke in what was basically a season with an undermanned team which was picked dead last in the conference.  Maybe some of it was for the last hurrah at the Bob, but in my opinion it's more of a testament to how much we as a fan base believe in, and like, Coach Miles. 

It's a sure bet we'll be top 20 in attendance this year and the next several.  Pinnacle will be rocking if Miles gets it going like I think he will. 

C'mon now. We didn't out draw Duke because the fanbase liked Miles.  We outdrew Duke because Duke plays in a tiny gym.  If they played in a more conventional size gym, they'd have lapped NU in attendance.  They choose to limit their attendance figures.

If we ever reach the level where we are a consistent top 10 contender (think NU football in the 70s or 90s) a BBall ticket against a top 20 team would be way harder to score than a football ducat!

Of course, I have held my tickets for decades with that same thought in mind.

May reality sync with my mind!

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'd be OK if a couple thousand fewer people showed up as long as the guys who arrive are rowdy and loud. 

True dat...I am hoping we see the student section ramp it up another notch or three this year.  They were okay last year, but certainly not great. 

19 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

"One million served" was a stepping stone for Mickey D's.

I didn't know you lived in Arizona!  :o

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mickey-ds-cafe-apache-junction

9k=

Chicken Fried Steak 'n Eggs - Yum  (quit'ur drooling Silver, its too far to drive for lunch)

Edited by Red Don

Me too!  I dunno, It's something about all this talk about food recently!  First Big Tate joins the board bringing food (according to Silver anyways); Then someone tells us Hot Dogs are the national food in Iceland (Yum, never met one I didn't like - anyone remember 'Wilbur Wieners' from Wilbur, NE?);  Then Mickey D's.  It's enough to make a hungry boy:Drool::Drool:

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

Me too!  I dunno, It's something about all this talk about food recently!  First Big Tate joins the board bringing food (according to Silver anyways); Then someone tells us Hot Dogs are the national food in Iceland (Yum, never met one I didn't like - anyone remember 'Wilbur Wieners' from Wilbur, NE?);  Then Mickey D's.  It's enough to make a hungry boy:Drool::Drool:

After watching Deadliest Catch the other night, I decided to try somewhere to eat that I had not been to for many, many years.  I went to Red Lobster.  I had Boston Clam Chowder (yum) a 6oz. Peppercorn Steak (yum) Crab legs (yum-yum) and corn-on-the-cob (yum) and oh yeah, a very, very tasty libation :) I was going to photograph the meal and share it with ya'all, but I was too hungry. 

Holy Moly, That's enough to make a hungry man cry!  :Cry:

I saw something in the Groc store I hadn't seen here before.  White asparagus (Spargel - a favorite in Germany, Austria, etc this time of year).  Like the green variety, easy to cook, Delicious with mayo, on a salad, or side.

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

Holy Moly, That's enough to make a hungry man cry!  :Cry:

I saw something in the Groc store I hadn't seen here before.  White asparagus (Spargel - a favorite in Germany, Austria, etc this time of year).  Like the green variety, easy to cook, Delicious with mayo, on a salad, or side.

Does the white asparagus make your pee stink the way the green stuff does?

P.S.  I've always wondered where to go to get groc.  Can never seem to find groc around here.  Really smart of someone to open up a groc store.  That should be a real money maker.

Edited by Norm Peterson