Ok, given things are a bit slow right now, tell us all what your

colhusker

...and a story behind the shoes too, I guess.

My freshman year of high school, right before basketball practice started we had a guy come from a sporting goods store (from Kearney, IIRC) to my high school to sell shoes to all the boys and girls who were on the teams, and this was JUST after the Jordans came out.  Naturally, everyone (who could afford them) wanted to get a pair, but at the time there were two colors, the black ones like I got, or the ones everyone remembers that were mostly white with black and red accents.

Everybody who got Jordans got the white ones which were far FAR more popular (because the NBA didn't allow Mike to wear the black ones at first, they required shoes to have a certain amount of white in them) but being the rebellious one, I wanted to get the black ones because I knew that's the one Mike originally approved, and because nobody else had them.

I am a little proud that I owned a pair of those shoes.

I remember how cool it was to get a pair of PF Flyers which I also wore to school as my regular shoes in the late 60's. Money was tight with 8 kids in the family so dedicated basketball shoes wasn't happening. The motto that they would help you "run faster and jump higher" did not necessarily prove true for me. :) They were, however, an improvement over the work boots I played most of my early "basketball" in out shooting at a hoop nailed to the side of our dairy barn. They were black high tops with the white toe, sole and shoestrings along with the patch on the ankle.

No way I can remember mine. They were just called canvas basketball shoes and the only selection was white high tops. If they were not laced to the top we were told that our ankles would blow out and we might be crippled for life. Maybe they were Keds. I broke the mold in high school by choosing some black low cuts like Frank Ramsey of the Celtics. By then I had already blown my knee out in an ill advised attempt at football and was already crippled for life. At any rate, basketball shoes had not yet achieved any more panache than one's brand of jock strap in those days and the brand was not important. I think my jock strap was a Bike- junior size in case anyone is interested. I do remember my first baseball glove fondly though. It was a Robin Roberts model.

The thing about those Jordans was they were HEAVY...it was a little bit like wearing lead boots.

But they looked cool!

After those I got a pair of all-white New Balance shoes and I loved those things.  Easily the best basketball shoe I ever owned.

Up until high school I pretty much wore some crap shoes from Payless. Speaking of Payless, I am fairly certain that I owned a pair of the white with red and black accent Jordans, knock offs of course.

My first shoes in high school were Converse. Nothing special. Mostly black with some weird gell thing on the sole under the heel. Velcro strap.

I stepped it up when I was a junior and got a pair of these:

3082058234_1d410a2deb.jpg

Nike Air Penny II

I got a pretty sweet deal on them. It was some end of the year sale, probably Lemon Days or something. Sorry, I've lost a few brain cells since then.

Easily the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn.

Up until high school I pretty much wore some crap shoes from Payless. Speaking of Payless, I am fairly certain that I owned a pair of the white with red and black accent Jordans, knock offs of course.

My first shoes in high school were Converse. Nothing special. Mostly black with some weird gell thing on the sole under the heel. Velcro strap.

I stepped it up when I was a junior and got a pair of these:

3082058234_1d410a2deb.jpg

Nike Air Penny II

I got a pretty sweet deal on them. It was some end of the year sale, probably Lemon Days or something. Sorry, I've lost a few brain cells since then.

Easily the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn.

i had some pennys too, but i can't remember which style

the first pair i vividly remember were AI's reebok question

MAIN-IMAGE3.jpg