seaofred92

The Official Media Thread

1,234 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

Isaiah has been working with him since high school I'm under the impression at exit or end of the yr they talk with coaches and get direction to go in to try and get better but Idk that for sure

cool. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

Check out @RobinWashut's Tweet:

Finally got the grown man body watch out

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Nice transformation.  Amazing what hard work can accomplish, I repeat what I have said so often, this kid is going to be special.  If he continues with his self-improvement, we have an all-American on our hands.

14 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Very funny seeing Lee mention Tai Webster's switch to a vegan diet mid-season.

I had noticed Tai looking gassed later in games starting about the beginning of January.  It stood out to me.  I remember times he would walk up the floor when he wasn't handling the ball.  Thought that was very unusual for Tai.

Then, someone told me he'd switched to a vegan diet and it was like a lightbulb went off.  Well, no wonder he isn't showing the fire he had before.

Wonder if Tai's "father in law" had anything to say about that.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, Norm Peterson said:

Very funny seeing Lee mention Tai Webster's switch to a vegan diet mid-season.

I had noticed Tai looking gassed later in games starting about the beginning of January.  It stood out to me.  I remember times he would walk up the floor when he wasn't handling the ball.  Thought that was very unusual for Tai.

Then, someone told me he'd switched to a vegan diet and it was like a lightbulb went off.  Well, no wonder he isn't showing the fire he had before.

Wonder if Tai's "father in law" had anything to say about that.

Most people that switch to a vegan diet note a huge increase in energy.  There's typically a small decrease in muscle strength and mass, however that's usually less of a concern to basketball players than other athletes.

More than likely, Tai was influenced by all of the other professional athletes that have implemented -- either temporarily or permanently -- a vegan diet, rather than by Steve Taylor.  Maybe by Taylor's daughter if she's vegan and they want to eat out and share a meal together?

Former players John Salley and Ben Gordon have long advocated for veganism, and advised current players on their diets.  I know that Glen "Big Baby" Davis is vegan and credits much of his body transformation to this.  Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony have used a vegan diet to cut weight in the offseason.  Other famous vegan athletes (current and former) include Serena and Venus Williams, Ricky Williams, Tony Gonzalez, Prince Fielder, Carl Lewis, and Mike Tyson.

Tai was our best and hardest-working two-way player, and he saw his minutes increase by 7 MPG from his Junior to Senior year, most frequently logging 35-38 minutes save for a few outliers.  If he was eating a cocktail of jet fuel spiked with amphetamines he'd probably still get tired at that usage rate.