seaofred92

The Official Media Thread

1,207 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, 49r said:

Tim Miles' segment on Sports Nightly last night.

And one other thing. If I had any diminishing hope in Coach Miles here at Nebraska, this week's Sports Nightly show has instilled more faith in Miles.

52 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Yikes...

Segment 5:05-8:00

John (Caller): "If we don't have a winning season this year and you're still the coach next year and we don't have a winning season, a lot of people are wanting to know would that be the end of the line for you as a coach here at Nebraska? And what do we have to look forward to in terms of recruits...?" (Crowd boos John.)

Tim Miles: "Well John, thanks for the call. You know, first of all the one thing we try and do is prepare our team for postseason play. Everything we do is geared toward that idea. So if we don't have enough wins and we end up with a losing season, frankly it wouldn't be hard to end up with a 19 win season next year or the following year. And if that's what you want your coach to do, then I am the wrong coach. So if you're looking for a guy that's scheduling in a way that's creative, bringing a national brand to Nebraska that's bringing Kansas into our own gym here again, that's trying to do things that put us on a situation to make the NCAA tournament... (trails off onto parallel topics)... I think it's just a matter of time before we turn that corner. Because we're building this thing to last, we're not just building it for one season." (crowd cheers for Miles.)

Greg Sharpe: "John, if you're not busy, come on down to Buffalo Wings and Rings. Folks would like to see you down here tonight." (Crowd loses it laughing.)

This is awesome!

KNTK - Morning Take:  Getting hot at the end of the year is exactly what Tim Miles needs / Shut Up Sipple

(21:14)

Previous years ended in duds—last year there was a decent B1G Tourney, but poor end to season. The year before that was disastrous, losing final 9 games.  A strong finish might not guarantee a great start to the next year, but it does sell the fan base on the program….

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Yikes...

Segment 5:05-8:00

John (Caller): "If we don't have a winning season this year and you're still the coach next year and we don't have a winning season, a lot of people are wanting to know would that be the end of the line for you as a coach here at Nebraska? And what do we have to look forward to in terms of recruits...?" (Crowd boos John.)

Tim Miles: "Well John, thanks for the call. You know, first of all the one thing we try and do is prepare our team for postseason play. Everything we do is geared toward that idea. So if we don't have enough wins and we end up with a losing season, frankly it wouldn't be hard to end up with a 19 win season next year or the following year. And if that's what you want your coach to do, then I am the wrong coach. So if you're looking for a guy that's scheduling in a way that's creative, bringing a national brand to Nebraska that's bringing Kansas into our own gym here again, that's trying to do things that put us on a situation to make the NCAA tournament... (trails off onto parallel topics)... I think it's just a matter of time before we turn that corner. Because we're building this thing to last, we're not just building it for one season." (crowd cheers for Miles.)

Greg Sharpe: "John, if you're not busy, come on down to Buffalo Wings and Rings. Folks would like to see you down here tonight." (Crowd loses it laughing.)

I was listening last night and absolutely loved his response to this.  It's exactly what I love about Miles - he didn't back away from the question and then explained his philosophy around scheduling and his belief in what he's doing.  I thought he nailed it.  I totally agree with the scheduling too - I'd rather be setting here talking about the quality competition we've faced and not having a great record than have a better record but have faced nobody outside the BIG.  Makes it much more fun to be a fan.

Big Red Cobcast: David McGee and Nebrasketball

Released on Feb 19, 2017

Like Ed Morrow rising from the ashes, Nebrasketball has made its return to the Big Red Cobcast. Two straight weeks actually. And who better to talk with us about Husker Hoops than Corn Nation’s very own David McGee!

I can’t recall a season for any team in any sport that’s felt as close to either end of the spectrum at any given moment. Are you a glass half injured or a glass half healthy kind of person? We discuss that with David, along with his favorite Nebrasketball moments and players (is it Shang Ping? Andre Almeida? Brian Conklin?).