The Official Media Thread

3 hours ago, brfrad said:

That alley oop dunk was probably the most impressive dunk I have seen.  Most casual fans don't understand how hard it is to catch a pass thrown that hard while in flight.  I think most fans were in awe of that play.  It was like Roby was playing with a 7 foot rim.

It was a LeBron-like catch on the way up alley-oop! 

41 minutes ago, 49r said:

Tim Miles' segment on Sports Nightly last night.

Yikes...

Segment 5:05-8:00

John (Caller): "If we don't have a winning season this year and you're still the coach next year and we don't have a winning season, a lot of people are wanting to know would that be the end of the line for you as a coach here at Nebraska? And what do we have to look forward to in terms of recruits...?" (Crowd boos John.)

Tim Miles: "Well John, thanks for the call. You know, first of all the one thing we try and do is prepare our team for postseason play. Everything we do is geared toward that idea. So if we don't have enough wins and we end up with a losing season, frankly it wouldn't be hard to end up with a 19 win season next year or the following year. And if that's what you want your coach to do, then I am the wrong coach. So if you're looking for a guy that's scheduling in a way that's creative, bringing a national brand to Nebraska that's bringing Kansas into our own gym here again, that's trying to do things that put us on a situation to make the NCAA tournament... (trails off onto parallel topics)... I think it's just a matter of time before we turn that corner. Because we're building this thing to last, we're not just building it for one season." (crowd cheers for Miles.)

Greg Sharpe: "John, if you're not busy, come on down to Buffalo Wings and Rings. Folks would like to see you down here tonight." (Crowd loses it laughing.)