The Official Media Thread

On 12/30/2016 at 0:33 PM, atskooc said:

Miles on the Dan Dakich show.

Recommend you listen to this. Miles mentions that Crean reached out to him after the Gardner-Webb loss. He mentioned that Crean didn't have to but did regardless of their past history where they sniped at each other. Considering that Crean also left twitter I wonder if Crean is the reason that Miles decided to go on a twitter hiatus.

KNTK - Happer & Stephens: January 2nd, 11am

• Husker basketball goes on the road and beats Maryland! Are they a legit threat in the B1G this season?
  • Steven M Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star looks back on Friday’s bowl game and lays out his expectations for the future of Husker football.
  • Four Downs with Alli, brought to you by Barney Insurance

KNTK - Happer & Stephens: January 2nd, 12pm

• Nebraska didn’t show much improvement throughout the 2016 season. Should fans expect to see some for 2017?
  • Tim Miles is showing you exactly what he thinks of your hot seat speculation.
  • Bull or No Bull, brought to you by Buffalo Wings and Rings

KNTK - Happer & Stephens: January 2nd, 1pm

• For two games, Nebrasketball looked like a tourney team. Is it too early to pencil them in your bracket?
  • CFP Playoff Championship is set. Can Clemson play with Alabama?
  • Nebraska may be poised for a big recruiting weekend, with four recruits making their announcement at the Army All-American game.

Protocol question here.  Can/should we comment/respond to these posts here, or should we move related "discussion" comments over to a different unpinned thread (or start a new one)? I was going to reply with some thoughts on Miles' segment with Seth Greenberg, but then thought maybe this thread is intended mostly for media related postings, but discussion of such posts would be elsewhere.  

Edited by hal9000

4 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Protocol question here.  Can/should we comment/respond to these posts here, or should we move related "discussion" comments over to a different unpinned thread (or start a new one)? I was going to reply with some thoughts on Miles' segment with Seth Greenberg, but then thought maybe this thread is intended mostly for media related postings, but discussion of such posts would be elsewhere.  

My vote is for start a new one as it means less work for me B)

KNTK - Early Break:  Nebrasketball gameday, baby! Do you believe in the Huskers’ chances to get to 3-0 in B1G play?

(21:05)

Huskers host a YOUNG Iowa team, but a squad that has beaten them 5 straight times

Can the ‘Skers build on the momentum from PBA and get to an unprecedented 3-0 start in league play?

Who is the key player tonight? And can they stop Peter Jok?

KNTK - Early Break:  Andy Katz (ESPN.com senior basketball writer)

(15:27)

Are Nebraska’s 2 road conference wins to start off Big Ten play fluke wins or a sign that this team is for real?

Is the B1G down this year? How many teams get in the Dance? And does Nebraska have a true chance?

Do you believe Nebraska can ever be a consistent top-half team in the B1G that makes NCAA Tourneys consistently?

2016-’17 Week 9 Big Ten Power Rankings: Purdue Vaults To The Top

Check out BTP's power rankings for the Big Ten.

4 hours ago, 49r said:

I want to copy this, have it made into a hugh poster and put it on the ceiling of my bedroom so I can see it before I go to sleep and it gives me good dreams about Husker Basketball.

Good one

• Some fun Kent and Matt talk to begin with including how Kent is often lucky to escape away games untouched and the Davison/Tai Webster Dunk story.  Kent of course heard his ears burning and called in.  Kent: "There's not much question...I'll probably drop dead doing this some day ...but what a way to go."
  • Talked about Ed Morrow. Mentioned young guys + McVeigh and Fuller (That's basically everyone healthy that didn't start last game)
  • Talking game scouting with Greg Eaton - video/analytics/coaching (mentioned he noticed that a team always runs the same play at the end of the half and was able to counter it)
  • Miles back and basically derails guest host Ben McLaughlin
  • Ben and Coach go speed round - Mentioned Anton Gill has a 8 month timetable for his return as they had to drill holes in his kneecap and suture his tendon to it. 

Miles Radio Show

• Recapping the two gut punch endings
  • Sharpe asks about the last 10 minutes of first half of Rutgers game and Miles starts talking root canal before detailing what happened
  • Superfan from Papillion calls and requests a pep-talk. Miles brings up how most games have been close and talks about shoring up the interior defense along with the team staying away from playing the blame game among themselves
  •  Dave from Lincoln asks if Miles considered a zone for the last play of the OSU game.  Molinari brought up the zone. They hadn't practiced that recently so Miles wasn't comfortable. Also, they knew what play OSU was running and the two options, which didn't include backside. We had the two guys covered and were unlucky with Glynn falling down
  • Dale from Council Scottsbluff thinks this is the most talented team he's seen. Talked about the end of the Rutgers game and wondered why they didn't go back to a hot handed McVeigh at the end as opposed to running out the clock. Miles talked about how the team didn't pick up the pace after slowing it down.
  • Larry from Norfolk, (God bless this man) asks what kind of rally it would be for the team to just make the tourney but only make it to the Sweet 16.
  • Drew from Plattsmouth wants to know if they've been pleasantly surprised by Evan Taylor. When they brought him in they initially told him that they didn't need him to be a scorer...they needed him to star in his role. They saw him getting a rhythm in some shots and have encouraged that. Tells anecdotes about how they were at Kansas and at breakfast. Noticed one table was all on their phones and the other table was listening to Taylor telling some story. Speaks to some of the intangibles of Taylor.
  • Tom in Lincoln wants to know if we had one scholarship left would we go after the next Steph Curry or Hakeem Olajuwon. In the end Miles settles in on scoring guard. Describes Nana Akenten as a "taller, little more athletic, little more quicker...a catch and shoot guy". Notes James Palmer is a Petteway type wing.
  • Sharpe and Miles talk about AveryStrong/Coaches Vs Cancer/Tyronn Lue  for the upcoming Michigan St game. Miles sent Lue a text after they lost game 5 and Lue sent one back.
  • Last call from Doc Kevin