The Official Media Thread

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Big 10 geeks has a review for all the Big Ten teams; Here is Nebraska's

http://www.bigtengeeks.com/17-18-season-preview-nebraska/

If the author does not know the Huskers are in Lincoln and not Omaha, I'm guessing he reads the paper and watches TV; so his opinion is of equal weight to the average guy at home doing the same.

The geeks must have a small travel budget.

11 hours ago, trickey said:

If the author does not know the Huskers are in Lincoln and not Omaha, I'm guessing he reads the paper and watches TV; so his opinion is of equal weight to the average guy at home doing the same.

Yes, all from home. If you read all the stuff he/they have put out over the last several years, you'll find that the opinions are more national writer than they are average guy at home. To boot, Miles follows these guys on twitter.

13 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Yes, all from home. If you read all the stuff he/they have put out over the last several years, you'll find that the opinions are more national writer than they are average guy at home. To boot, Miles follows these guys on twitter.

The author admitted to reading too much on Omaha.com whilst correcting the city on the preview. :o

I had to chuckle a lil' bit....

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

I follow them/him on twitter as well.  It's a great follow during the season.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

To boot, Miles follows these guys on twitter.

Miles last night on the radio show: "Well...there are people out there who say that I run the ball hog offense"

Through five seasons, Miles has shown that he can put a capable defense on the floor, but the BallHog Offense that limits turnovers also appears to be limiting the number of available quality shots.

Tim Miles Show

• Lewis is the unofficial offensive coordinator now: they've put in more actions to lead to baskets generated off of assists and are running on offense that is a merger of this and Miles' ISO offense. They're continuously iterating through this. (The assist numbers back this up)
  • Eric from Cozad calls to check in with the coach. They're currently in each other's good graces
  • Talked Brady and Xavier: He sees Brady at the 4 and Xavier is the fastest guy he's ever recruited
  • The DMV area has been great for recruiting. Texas is tough because we don't play there anymore.
  • They didn't want to play Allen vs St Johns but did because of foul trouble. He's still up on the air when he'll play next
  • Mentions using Copeland and Roby at the same time....can use zone to counteract when that lineup goes out there against bigger teams
  • Didn't like only using 1-3-1 last year. Will do 1-1-2-1 that ends up as a 2-3 zone toward the ends of game as a "prevent" defense.
  • Talked about Jordy's struggles and some of the issues with his footwork; tangent on how they track what guys are thinking

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Patrick talking about his college hoops career on his show this morning spoke about a possible PR stunt where he plays one minute in a college basketball game mentions @HuskerHoops as a good spot for him.  He mentions his relationship with the program - the Danettes talk about how the Huskers draw big crowds and they all make it sound like something that could really be a thing.  DP comes out to shoot in warmups or something.  Overall, some pretty good pub on national TV for the 'Skers this morning!

God, I hope somehow this becomes a thing that could actually happen.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Dan Patrick talking about his college hoops career on his show this morning spoke about a possible PR stunt where he plays one minute in a college basketball game mentions @HuskerHoops as a good spot for him.  He mentions his relationship with the program - the Danettes talk about how the Huskers draw big crowds and they all make it sound like something that could really be a thing.  DP comes out to shoot in warmups or something.  Overall, some pretty good pub on national TV for the 'Skers this morning!

That would be epic.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

We probably have a much better chance of this happening now than when Eichorst was our AD.

26 minutes ago, 49r said:

It didn't stop there, several times later on in the show Dan mentioned how they have a strong relationship with Husker Athletics.  I knew there was a reason I loved the Dan Patrick show!

Waaaay better than that stupid Boomer and Carton show or Mike and Mike!

Pat Norris & Nebraska Equipment Managers have tweeted about the things that NU has placed on the Dan Patrick Show. It seems like a fairly regular occurrence.

7 hours ago, 49r said:

It didn't stop there, several times later on in the show Dan mentioned how they have a strong relationship with Husker Athletics.  I knew there was a reason I loved the Dan Patrick show!

Waaaay better than that stupid Boomer and Carton show or Mike and Mike!

You will be happy to know that MIke & Mike no longer is on the air...the new show is Golic and Wingo.

Dan Patrick and Paul Pabst pull up the Nebraska Basketball tweet on their TV in the man cave and discuss it just now.  Pabst correctly identifies it as Piatkowski's number.  They agree the pic looks good.  Dan quips, "...but the problem with Nebraska is I only want to play one game.  They might need me to play more!"

Edited by 49r

Yet more from the Lansing media...no respect whatsoever...time to earn respect and provide some shock and awe.

But their results thus far — some close games against smaller conference foes and struggles against the only two quality opponents they’ve faced — speak of a team nowhere near ready to push the Spartans in East Lansing.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/mens-basketball/2017/12/02/michigan-state-nebraska-tipoff-prediction-preview/108226058/

Then again, the writer is correct...

12 hours ago, 49r said:

x/posted in the game thread but I thought it was good enough to get in the media thread, GopherHole podcast interviews Coach Mo.  At the 25 minute mark Coach is asked what the staff needs to do this year to keep their jobs, hear his answer by clicking the link below:

I'm listening to this right now and I'd recommend. Mo is always interesting to listen to.