"The Bank Vault"

Are we really going to revisit this?

I think "Cip's Salsa Garden" has a nice ring to it.

Cip can you beef this up ;)

Sure.  In honor of the ever versatile chuck roast, (which makes for a great canned beef) and the self-reliance of Nebraskans that goes back for generations, let's call it "The Pressure Cooker".

I hate change for change's sake......

Recently, the folks over at GopherHole had a similar debate.  There was plenty of conversation and mediocre to bad suggestions made for the potential name change for their Basketball message board.  Previously, it was called "Tubby's Barn" or something silly like that, and once the coach was fired it was obvious they needed to change the name of the board (although, ironically, even after the forum name change all the URL's for threads over there still contain "Tubby's Barn"...guess that's an example of poor planning, eh?)  Anyway, I digress.  They did eventually settle on a name change.  What did they come up with, pray tell?

Basketball Forum.

Now, I'm not directly advocating a forum name change, per se (if one is even technically possible without a lot of annoying wrangling...dimes?) but, I also am not terribly convinced that we need to go with anything different...or at least make wild changes.

Some things I might suggest would be smart to avoid.

1).  Using the coaches name in the title of the board.

2).  Using the name of the arena they play in.

3).  Using references to football (i.e. Bob Devaney or "Red Zone", etc.)

If it were up to me, I think I might just go with tcp on this and go with "The Dungeon" and be done with it.  That, or "cip's Salsa Garden"...that's kinda catchy, but maybe not so much relevant to hoops.   ;)

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject...for today.

Recently, the folks over at GopherHole had a similar debate.  There was plenty of conversation and mediocre to bad suggestions made for the potential name change for their Basketball message board.  Previously, it was called "Tubby's Barn" or something silly like that, and once the coach was fired it was obvious they needed to change the name of the board (although, ironically, even after the forum name change all the URL's for threads over there still contain "Tubby's Barn"...guess that's an example of poor planning, eh?)  Anyway, I digress.  They did eventually settle on a name change.  What did they come up with, pray tell?

Basketball Forum.

Now, I'm not directly advocating a forum name change, per se (if one is even technically possible without a lot of annoying wrangling...dimes?) but, I also am not terribly convinced that we need to go with anything different...or at least make wild changes.

Some things I might suggest would be smart to avoid.

1).  Using the coaches name in the title of the board.

2).  Using the name of the arena they play in.

3).  Using references to football (i.e. Bob Devaney or "Red Zone", etc.)

If it were up to me, I think I might just go with tcp on this and go with "The Dungeon" and be done with it.  That, or "cip's Salsa Garden"...that's kinda catchy, but maybe not so much relevant to hoops.   ;)

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject...for today.

I agree about the football thing.  As we're no longer playing in the Devaney Center, the current forum name sounds more like a reference to football.

Recently, the folks over at GopherHole had a similar debate.

How about the CornHole?   :)

Now, there's a good name for an off-topic board if I ever heard one...

"cipsucks' CornHole" - Where no innuendo or double-entendre can be too filthy!   :D

If a topic doesn't fit anywhere else, just stick it in the CornHole!

Well, the name "Devaney Dungeon" will soon be an anachronism.  (Cip, look that up for me.  I think I used it right.)  So, I wouldn't be AGAINST a name change; neither would I be too upset if we left things as they are.

If we continue the prior experience of naming our message board after the place where our Huskers play and/or practice, we could come up with something either Pinnacle Bank related or perhaps Hendricks related.  I think we can safely say that our boys will be at the PBA for the balance of many of our lifetimes.  Only thing is if they change the name.

Instead of "The Vault," how about "The Safe?"

We could play off the message-board-poster stereotype and call it "Dave's Mom's Basement."

We could go from the dungeon to the penthouse and call it "The Pinnacle Place" or "The Rafters."  (I like being at the top.)

We could have features, like "A Bird's Eye View from the Rafters."

(Speaking of birds ... the south entrance to Devaney is now somewhat open to the elements.  You can drive on that new overpass and literally see right into the arena.  They're going to be cleaning bird shit out of the rafters of Devaney for YEARS.)

How about calling it "The Lower Bowl?"

"The Pinnacle Perch?"  i.e., something that conveys being on top?

Just some brainstorming. 

Well, the name "Devaney Dungeon" will soon be an anachronism.  (Cip, look that up for me.  I think I used it right.)  So, I wouldn't be AGAINST a name change; neither would I be too upset if we left things as they are.

If we continue the prior experience of naming our message board after the place where our Huskers play and/or practice, we could come up with something either Pinnacle Bank related or perhaps Hendricks related.  I think we can safely say that our boys will be at the PBA for the balance of many of our lifetimes.  Only thing is if they change the name.

Instead of "The Vault," how about "The Safe?"

We could play off the message-board-poster stereotype and call it "Dave's Mom's Basement."

We could go from the dungeon to the penthouse and call it "The Pinnacle Place" or "The Rafters."  (I like being at the top.)

We could have features, like "A Bird's Eye View from the Rafters."

(Speaking of birds ... the south entrance to Devaney is now somewhat open to the elements.  You can drive on that new overpass and literally see right into the arena.  They're going to be cleaning bird shit out of the rafters of Devaney for YEARS.)

How about calling it "The Lower Bowl?"

"The Pinnacle Perch?"  i.e., something that conveys being on top?

Just some brainstorming. 

I like being on top