Pinnacle Bank Arena

49r

I'm glad one of us knows how to post them twitters.

I realize that a majority of us here already have seen these on twitter, but I wanted to make sure I got these all put together in one thread for easy reference to go back to in the future.  Lots easier than trying to go back find them all on twitter will be.

Also, terrazzo!  And subwoofers!!  WOO!!!

http://journalstar.com/special-section/arena/board-says-yes-to-terrazzo-floors-in-arena/article_93531e37-7215-5311-ba87-f6a01a32d721.html

But Beutler noted that terrazzo lasts much longer than other flooring. "You should do this if you have the upfront capital," he said.

Terrazzo can be a mixture of marble, quartz, granite and glass or other chips.

The JPA also had been set to consider using $115,595 of the contingency fund for another upgrade, subwoofer speakers for the arena sound system.

"It is very important to the university that we have these," said University of Nebraska Regent Tim Clare, who also serves on the JPA

I'm glad one of us knows how to post them twitters.

I realize that a majority of us here already have seen these on twitter, but I wanted to make sure I got these all put together in one thread for easy reference to go back to in the future.  Lots easier than trying to go back find them all on twitter will be.

I hadn't.  And I wouldn't have if you hadn't posted it.  Still, I've never figured out how to get a tweet to post.  Do you have to have a twitter account?

I hadn't.  And I wouldn't have if you hadn't posted it.  Still, I've never figured out how to get a tweet to post.  Do you have to have a twitter account?

It's easy.  Just about as easy as posting YouTube videos.  No, you don't need to have a twitter account to be able to do it.  

Here's a quick and dirty tutorial...note, the URL's in my example below have had the http: part stripped out because the dang noparse UBB tag doesn't seem to work here right now....DIMES!

Say there's something someone tweeted that you want to embed in a post here, first you go to their twitter feed (we'll use Coach Miles as an example here).  The URL in your browser will look like this:

//twitter.com/CoachMiles

Next, find the individual tweet you'd like to embed.  In the upper right-hand corner of the tweet will be a time stamp.  It'll say "3m ago" or "6h ago" or "18 Apr".  If you click on that, you will be taken to a page that displays that individual tweet and it's corresponding conversation thread (if there is any).  The URL there should look like the one above but it adds "/status/bunchanumbershere".  It would be like this:

//twitter.com/CoachMiles/status/324671833980940288

Just copy that link and paste it into a post, et voila!  You have posted a tweet!

Now, embedding the pictures here are a tad more difficult, but not impossible...naturally   ;)

If there's a picture in the tweet, at the bottom, you'll see a link that says "View Photo".  You click on it and the photo magically appears in the tweet...usually.  If you CLICK AGAIN on the photo, a separate photo viewer pops up with the full-size image in it.  (this step isn't absolutely necessary, depending on the image host used, and sometimes you might have to click on a link instead of "View Photo".  This is what makes stripping photos out of tweets a little more challenging)

RIGHT-CLICK on the full-size photo and tell your browser to "open image in new tab" and the raw picture will open in the new tab along with it's corresponding URL that you can use to put on your post.  Just copy that URL and then come back here and click on the icon in the toolbar above the text entry box that looks like a Polaroid picture, and paste that URL into the box that pops up.

Clear as mud?

Maybe it's time dimes did a how-to on embedding a tweet, eh?  Oh, and also maybe enable that noparse tag while he's at it, too   ;)

anything that makes the sound system better than the virtually unlistenable sounds we had to endure at the Bob (well at least up high by me) will be nice.

It's a seemingly inconsequential thing, but it makes all the difference in the world.

Nebraska will be the first school in the Big Ten Conference to feature an HD (6 mm) center hung video board for its basketball games. There will also be ribbon boards, stat boards, a state of the art sound system and many new fan amenities to enjoy

Link:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205383810

Does anyone else feel like, while looking at the pictures, that PBA isn't a couple of thousand seats bigger than Devaney? Looking at the picture in 49r's post, it just doesn't seem like over 15,000 to me. Am I crazy?

I think part of the reason for that could be that the club seats and lodge boxes probably aren't noticible in alot of the picturers.  They are kind've tucked away to provide a more private setting.  There are 36 suites and they each account for 12 tickets, which totals 432.  There are 20 lodge boxes and they each account for 4 tickets, which totals 80.  So, Suites + Lodge Boxes = 512 seats.

The 36 suites and 19 of 20 loge boxes have been leased out by Ben Wrigley with Legends Hospitality Management.

"Looking back at the original timeline, we're probably on par with where we thought things would be," he said.

The loge boxes, described as modern-day opera boxes, go for $20,000 per year in five, seven or 10-year terms and include four seats with a counter, refrigerator and flat-screen TV.

Loge box owners share a lounge and private bathrooms on the same level with suite owners and have parking in the adjacent garage.

The suites, which lease for $45,000 to $65,000 per year and come with tickets for 12 people, have been leased to 30 individuals or businesses for private use.

Link:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/arena-suites-gone-loge-box-remains/article_adad0081-0e9f-53e5-b000-e968eafef206.html

Does anyone else feel like, while looking at the pictures, that PBA isn't a couple of thousand seats bigger than Devaney? Looking at the picture in 49r's post, it just doesn't seem like over 15,000 to me. Am I crazy?

I think another reason could be most of the seats on the floor have not been installed yet.