Pinnacle Bank Arena

49r

And it will a duel "sell out"  as Memorial has 90,000 and the PSB has 16,000 at the same time.  Lincoln will make a BILLION dollars that day.  And will need to have a drunk tent instead of the drunk tank. :huh:

Fun fact: The arena actually does have two holding "cells." They're really only small rooms with a bench and locking door in case some crazed concert fan or drunk person gets too out of line. Not sure if that will ever really get used.

I am officially taking bets on how long it takes me to get one of them named after me.

I'll defer opinion until we see how the parking goes. I went down to the Oven last night and spent 30 minutes driving around the Haymarket looking for a parking place. Made me want to apply for that handicapped sticker I deserve from not lacing up my basketball shoes all the way to the top. It wasn't even a particularly busy night, although there is all that last minute frantic construction going on and there was some sort of motorcycle event blocking one street. i can forsee pandemonium when the inevitable snow and icy winds accompany the basketball season. But I may be just a half empty glass guy when it comes to the arena, so we'll see how it goes.

I think the biggest lot for parking is over in Haymarket park according to the parking map they sent my Dad. There are two that are close by.  He's having one of his hips replaced next week and will be out of action or have a hard time walking long distances for a few months so will miss the first few games probably as they told him it's a two to three month recovery time. When he sent in the parking request he advised the U of this.  Don't know if it's going to do any good but figured he better at least try.

Question: Do you think people who don't know anyone graduating will actually show up to graduation to look around the arena? I'm writing a story on how the first event went logistically and a little about the looky loos. 

If I wasn't on vacation I'd be over there for sure.  Although, as i've stated before, I live in the Haymarket so I wouldn't really be going out of my way to do so.

Question: Do you think people who don't know anyone graduating will actually show up to graduation to look around the arena? I'm writing a story on how the first event went logistically and a little about the looky loos. 

I think someone in HHC said that they were going to go just to get a look at the arena.

I think someone in HHC said that they were going to go just to get a look at the arena.

I believe that would have been Norm that first talked that.

Some of the graduation pics are showing up on twitter. Maybe somebody knows this answer. In the pictures the seating on the side that the student section will be on (sections in the low 100s thru 108) is flush all the way up. Not dropped down allowing for the students to stand without obstructing the view of those behind. Prior pictures when the court was rolled out had shown this section being 'sunken in'. I'm assuming this is an option for basketball games only? The pull out section must stop at the basketball option or pull all the way out for concerts or graduations? Or the entire section must raise and lower? I also notice that the railing is not in between where the students and public would sit and is down in front of the first row. With the student setup the railing is in between and there is a walk off stairway on the bottom and no railing.

Some of the graduation pics are showing up on twitter. Maybe somebody knows this answer. In the pictures the seating on the side that the student section will be on (sections in the low 100s thru 108) is flush all the way up. Not dropped down allowing for the students to stand without obstructing the view of those behind. Prior pictures when the court was rolled out had shown this section being 'sunken in'. I'm assuming this is an option for basketball games only? The pull out section must stop at the basketball option or pull all the way out for concerts or graduations? Or the entire section must raise and lower? I also notice that the railing is not in between where the students and public would sit and is down in front of the first row. With the student setup the railing is in between and there is a walk off stairway on the bottom and no railing.

They'll have the ability to make it uniform all the way around.