Miles and Minnesota

Why he wouldn't leave:
- Having to uproot his family 2 times in 2 years
- Better facilities at NU

- Does the Minnesota A.D. know what he is doing up there??

Why he would leave:
- Superior H.S. talent within 100 miles of the Twin Cities
- Historically, much easier to win in Minneapolis than Lincoln

In the end, I think this is a job he would have taken a year ago, but I don't think he would now.

I'm not at all worried about Miles leaving (for Minnesota) at this point. I just don't see that as enough of a career advancement for him to look at it. Now if UCLA came calling that might be different but they're not.

It IS kind of nice, though, to have a coach that is well enough thought of (after just one season here where his team wasn't in the Dance, BTW) that others seem to want him. I'd LOVE for him to do so well at NU that in a few years others come knocking.

No one has contacted him as far as we know. But you want to have a guy in your program that other people want.

Actually they have. Just like they did last year when they decided to keep Tubby. But hey...I don't know shit.
Why are you being so abrasive? If you have information you wish to share regarding Miles and Minnesota, please do so. Otherwise, his post was correct, as far as he knew, they had not been in contact.

If you know something to the contrary, feel free to let us know. But this cryptic "I know something and I'm going to tell you I know something but not share any of the information" act doesn't serve any purpose.

No one has contacted him as far as we know.  But you want to have a guy in your program that other people want.

Actually they have.  Just like they did last year when they decided to keep Tubby.   But hey...I don't know shit.

So Miles chose Nebraska over Minnesota?

No one has contacted him as far as we know.  But you want to have a guy in your program that other people want.

Actually they have.  Just like they did last year when they decided to keep Tubby.   But hey...I don't know shit.

No 2buck is stating that Miles would have jumped at the chance to go to Minnesota last year but they kept Tubby. 

No 2buck is stating that Miles would have jumped at the chance to go to Minnesota last year but they kept Tubby. 

I'm sure Minnesota has rounded up all the usual suspects.

It's not too big of a stretch of the imagination to thing that Minnesota has been Miles dream job for years and that he will never coach there.  Timing is everything.  It's the reason that Dana Altman didn't end up as the coach of Nebraska.

If Miles was thinking about leaving... and had an offer to, why would he be out recruiting still??

You go out and keep recuiting if things fall through.  Heck there were a few college football coaches who were at dinner with recruits when they agreed to a new school.

Personally I don't see Miles leaving.  He had to know that the Minnesota job would be opening soon and decided to go to Nebraska anyways. 

Just a hunch, but I think they'll eventually hire Flip Saunders.  It seems like Saunders wants the job and they may end up giving it to him after the coaches they have targeted have all turned them down.

Maybe it's just posturing but numerous outlets reported that Saunders turned them down about two days ago.

If Miles was thinking about leaving... and had an offer to, why would he be out recruiting still??

You go out and keep recuiting if things fall through.  Heck there were a few college football coaches who were at dinner with recruits when they agreed to a new school.

Personally I don't see Miles leaving.  He had to know that the Minnesota job would be opening soon and decided to go to Nebraska anyways. 

Yeah, but do you know his sister?