Who do you want to open up PBA with?

No one has mentioned the school that I had originally heard is to be the opener. As far I know, deal still not done.

Could you please be a little more cryptic.

If you'd like me to, yes.

Or, you could try being less cryptic...maybe narrow it down some?

if this guy knows, how can you blame him for not wanting to post it on a completely public message board?  A- It's not a done deal as he's stated.  B- considering the limited number of people that are probably privy to the info, it wouldn't be too hard to trace it back and ruin any chance this guy has of getting info in the future

we'll know soon enough

Let's, for a moment, assume that CrazyforNUHOOPS' information is correct we can rule out the Big 12, the SEC, UNC, Duke, Maryland, Miami, FSU, NC St, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon, New Mexico, SDSU, UNLV, Colorado St., Creighton, UMBC, Wichita St., Gonzaga, VCU, St. Louis, Notre Dame and Wyoming.  

If it's a school with a significant name as nearly everyone has been alluding to, that leaves Clemson, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Xavier, St. Joseph's, Temple, FGCU, Boston College, Virginia, Georgia TEch, Cincy, Pitt, Providence, DePaul, Rutgers, Seton Hall, South Florida, St. Johns, Syracuse, ASU, Cal, Oregon st., USC, Utah, Wash, WSU, Memphis, BYU, St. Mary's or UNO.

We've now had just about program with a name of "significance" listed in this thread.  If I'm putting money on it, I'm going with Xavier, Cincy or UNO.  I'm probably wrong.

if this guy knows, how can you blame him for not wanting to post it on a completely public message board?  A- It's not a done deal as he's stated.  B- considering the limited number of people that are probably privy to the info, it wouldn't be too hard to trace it back and ruin any chance this guy has of getting info in the future

we'll know soon enough

Rule #58 of Internet- there is nothing more annoying than stating on a message board you have inside info and then not release said info.

I have heard that we have talked to Kentucky, but haven't heard anything since.

Last year Calipari announced that UK would not play noncon homes and homes any longer.  He refused to renew a long term series with rival Indiana and was appropriately skewered in the press for it.

Calipari claims that such series do not prepare his team for the NCAA tourney.  Instead, he claimed that neutral court games were better prep.  Personally, I think he was just embarassed when his #1 UK team was upset in Indiana last year.

Let's, for a moment, assume that CrazyforNUHOOPS' information is correct we can rule out the Big 12, the SEC, UNC, Duke, Maryland, Miami, FSU, NC St, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon, New Mexico, SDSU, UNLV, Colorado St., Creighton, UMBC, Wichita St., Gonzaga, VCU, St. Louis, Notre Dame and Wyoming.  

If it's a school with a significant name as nearly everyone has been alluding to, that leaves Clemson, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Xavier, St. Joseph's, Temple, FGCU, Boston College, Virginia, Georgia TEch, Cincy, Pitt, Providence, DePaul, Rutgers, Seton Hall, South Florida, St. Johns, Syracuse, ASU, Cal, Oregon st., USC, Utah, Wash, WSU, Memphis, BYU, St. Mary's or UNO.

We've now had just about program with a name of "significance" listed in this thread.  If I'm putting money on it, I'm going with Xavier, Cincy or UNO.  I'm probably wrong.

I wouldn't call UNO or FGCU a program most people would be excited to bring in and I doubt we'd have any trouble signing them.

I'd say Pitt really stands out as a school with which we have a relationship.

Wouldn't the first game actually be an exhibition against someone like Concordia???

Well, yes, but the one they'll treat as the opener would be the one that actually counts in the records.  They've done this for just about every new baseball stadium that's opened the past 20 years.  Hold their last exhibition game there, perhaps have a couple other events there to put all their systems to the test and then roll live for the regular season.  Or like a hotel or restaurant will have a soft open before the grand opening.  Same sort of deal for the hoops team.

The teams at the top of my list would be:

Mizzou, Oregon, Georgetown, UCLA, or Arizona

I think that Nebraska would have a legit chance to win any of these games next season.  I think Nebraska might be a few steps away from beating teams like Louisville, Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky, etc, and I think that you want to have a legit chance to win the opening game.

Also, one thing to consider is that Mizzou, Oregon, Georgetown, UCLA, and Arizona will all probably finish at the top of their conference, and they all have a legit chance to actually win their conference, so that is HUGE for Nebraska's RPI at the end of the season.

Someone mentioned FGCU (I think they might have been joking) and I don't like them for the season home opener, but I think it would be AWESOME for Nebraska to play FGCU sometime in the non conference.  They are a HOT team right now, so there will be some buzz around that team and the Nebraska bball team would be jacked to play them.  Plus, playing FGCU would make for a game that is about as exciting as it gets.

The team I heard is mentioned in your 2nd paragraph.