A Poll: Non-scientific and Non-basketball related.

Norm Peterson

Who are the worst drivers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When you see someone doing something annoying driving a motor vehicle, who is that driver most likely to be?

• Someone with out-of-town plates
    • A senior citizen
    • A teenager texting
    • Some guy in his 40s in contractor mode with a phone clamped to his ear
    • A woman chatting on her cell phone
    • A farmer in a pickup
    • Typically people with really expensive new cars
    • Typically people with beat up old cars
    • The guy with heavy base blasting through his speakers
    • Someone flicking cigarette ashes out their window
    • The soccer mom in a minivan
    • Other (specify)
    • No one type in particular

Sorry, no other place I know of to get this info.  I'm just curious.  Is there any kind of driver that consistently bugs you?  When someone ahead of you commits one of your driving pet peeves -- such as NOT turning right on red after stopping when there's no traffic from the left -- is there any tendency for that person to fall into any sort of identifiable group?  Or is it totally random and there doesn't appear to be any consistent type of offender?

I swear to goodness that the other day I saw a woman with a cigerette in one hand and a coke in her other while she had a cell phone on her shoulder with her head tilted...yet she was turned half-around yelling at her child who was not seat-belted in the backseat...I wanted to honk at her, but I feared for her life and anyone within a block of her.

I swear to goodness that the other day I saw a woman with a cigerette in one hand and a coke in her other while she had a cell phone on her shoulder with her head tilted...yet she was turned half-around yelling at her child who was not seat-belted in the backseat...I wanted to honk at her, but I feared for her life and anyone within a block of her.

That there's what you call a "multiple offender."

My thing is SUV guy who thinks that he's invincible in inclement weather, when it's more of a matter of just not knowing how to drive in snow/ice/whatever...when here I am in my little compact car getting along just fine.

Yeah...SUV's...worthless for pretty much every idiot out there...

Ahhh, I see what you're getting at. I'm still going to stick with no one in particular. I've extended the finger to all of these on multiple occasions. One of the joys of being from Chadron is I get to enjoy the amazing diversity of handi-tarded people on I-80 or Hwy 20.

Ahhh, I see what you're getting at. I'm still going to stick with no one in particular. I've extended the finger to all of these on multiple occasions. One of the joys of being from Chadron is I get to enjoy the amazing diversity of handi-tarded people on I-80 or Hwy 20.

That's the nice thing about Hwy 2, Jadler.  Not only is it scenic, but it is mostly devoid of idiot drivers.

being from Omaha, where there are numerous idiot drivers and people with rush schedules, than going to a small college, and living in the town with only 400 people and a much slower since of traffic, and in general a more polite sense of roadway tact. than moving back to Omaha and dealing with idiots....I nominate city drivers

That's the nice thing about Hwy 2, Jadler.  Not only is it scenic, but it is mostly devoid of idiot drivers.

HWY 2 is flipping AMAZING if you are driving late night/early morning. Any other time still induces the obvious reaction...

l5jk5.gif

When I was working as a gate guard in grad school, one "shack" I worked in got hit twice in the same month with me in it. Twas at a country club here  in Denver. Both miscreants had nothing in common, except for the most evil device known to person: the cell phone.

I truly hate that device with a burning passion.

I logged right at 80,000 miles this past year.  Whenever I see someone driving goofy (going slow in the passing lane, driving 90 mph, etc.) it's usually someone with out of state plates.  For whatever reason, my experience has Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois drivers as the worst offenders.  Oh yeah, and the Obama bumper stickers irritate me too, but that's probably a topic for a different forum.... ;)

My thing is SUV guy who thinks that he's invincible in inclement weather, when it's more of a matter of just not knowing how to drive in snow/ice/whatever...when here I am in my little compact car getting along just fine.

Yeah...SUV's...worthless for pretty much every idiot out there...

49r, you're killing me!  Granted, some SUV guys don't understand STOPPING in those things is just as difficult on snow and ice as for any other vehicle.   But properly used--like hauling my kids, big dog, fishing and hunting gear--off road in Cherry County--the SUV is a wonderful  thing....