I've got a question....

cipsucks

For me, I like to read other people's opinions.  Unfortunately due to my kids' schedules, I am not able to read daily so some discussions have already have run their course.  I did register when the board upgraded to have access to the recruiting forum to keep up who is being looked at.

I have followed the Husker BB team since the Hoppen/Cloudy years listening to the games growing up.  Was at UNL during the glory year(s) under Nee.  Although I live in Lincoln, the schedules of my 4 kids does not allow much opportunity to go to games in person, but I try to follow as close as I can (which is why I check this site as often as I do).

dennis, it was a pleasure meeting you today.  Hope your son enjoys the jerky.

For me, I like to read other people's opinions.  Unfortunately due to my kids' schedules, I am not able to read daily so some discussions have already have run their course.  I did register when the board upgraded to have access to the recruiting forum to keep up who is being looked at.

I have followed the Husker BB team since the Hoppen/Cloudy years listening to the games growing up.  Was at UNL during the glory year(s) under Nee.  Although I live in Lincoln, the schedules of my 4 kids does not allow much opportunity to go to games in person, but I try to follow as close as I can (which is why I check this site as often as I do).

dennis, it was a pleasure meeting you today.  Hope your son enjoys the jerky.

Cip, it was great meeting you as well. Thanks for the jerky--its great stuff.   We are all enjoying it.

Okay, cip, I've done a little research on this subject and I came up with the following information.

The total number of registered members on Husker Hoops Central is 419

These users can be divided up into basically thirds; ones that have never posted, the ones who post rarely, and the ones who post regularly.  Here's how it breaks down:

Users with 0 posts = 151

Users who post rarely = 129

The number of these users who have ONLY posted in this thread = 8

• Number with 1 posts = 26
  • Number with 2 posts = 15
  • Number with 3 posts = 16
  • Number with 4 posts = 9
  • Number with 5-10 posts = 32
  • Number with 11-29 posts = 31

Users with more than 25 posts = 139

In this group are what I call the prolific posters (those with over 500 posts).  It breaks down as follows:

• Number with 30-49 = 26
  • Number with 50-99 = 22
  • Number with 100-199 = 26
  • Number with 200-499 = 23
  • Number with 500-1999 posts = 27
  • Number with 2000-4999 posts = 11
  • Number with over 5000 posts = 4

So there you have it.  A completely useless breakdown of users' posting habits on HHC.   :)

I used to post all the time on previous boards, now with wife and children and full time job taking up a lot of my time i rarely have time to do more then troll. Living two hours away from Lincoln also hurts its harder to use my season tickets and make it to all the games like I used to, but I am still here rooting loudly and obnoxiously. I will certainly be attending the march 6th game seeing as most of my favorite memories of growing up in Lincoln were the winter walks to and from the Bob win, lose, rain, snow, shine I was always there. I hope when I take my kids to the new arena they begin to form some memories of their own.

Hopefully my kids memories have more to do with actual wins rather then almosts though :rolleyes:

Hey, 88, weren't you friends with McCrayzie? You both went to Pius if I'm not mistaken. Didn't you used to be Thunderbolts88 or something like that? Whatever happened to McCrayzie? I always enjoyed his posts.

Yours? Well, yours were somewhat more ... interesting. I recall the day you decided to get yourself banned from the Huskersillustrated hoops board. I think you didn't like the mod so much. That was back during Collier's days.

And, as I remember it, you did a good job of making sure you'd never be allowed back on that board again. Let's just say your departure was memorable. Blaze of glory, I'd call it. Blaze of something anyway.

Yes indeed that would be me... Not really sure what happened to mccrayzie I think he got involved with the athletic department in some capacity during college so probably had to give up message boarding, if that's really a verb.

As for me I think I've calmed down to some extent ...

Or maybe I just yell and curse at my television instead of message boards now. Who knows either way I still lurk and am a diehard, but my wife makes fun of me if I spend to much time on a message board.

Three kids under three don't help either.....

I love following Nebrasketball, as a student/alum/fan it's easy to follow every sport we offer (because we have seen major success in almost all of them), but Nebraska Basketball is different it's the "True Nebraska Fan's Team", my favorite line of dear old Nebraska U. states it best "we'll all stick together in all kinds of weather".  The potential has never been truly reached, but it can be seen, and one day it will reached, and I'm sure for many of us it will be quite rewarding when that day does come.  

As a recent graduate of Nebraska, I used to have a lot of "ins" with the athletic department through walk-ons, trainers, and support staff.  However, as my friends have also graduated, and now that I'm at Iowa State working on my Ph.D., I was looking for ways to stay informed and found the HHC around 2 years ago.  I officially got a log-in to follow the recruiting section on this board, which by the way is a great add to this board.  I enjoy reading each of your perspectives on game performances, philosophies, and long term prospects for our team.  I have thought many times about posting, or adding to the conversation, but always deleted it, maybe now that the ice has been broken I will start to add my input from time to time.

Being in Ames, and having friends who are fellow B1G alums, I travel to a bunch of our road games, and I've lost count of how many times opposing fans have told me that they're concerned UNL will become a contender in basketball, how they wish Tim Miles was their head coach and how much they think Nebraska is an ideal fit in the B1G (this has been accelerated when we announced the addition of Rutgers and U. of Maryland).  I'm one of those four loud yells you hear when we score and crowd goes silent (usually when my fellow Kansan Shavon Shields starts to take over the game, boy does that kid have some potential).

Last but not least, I can't think of a better day to have a first post on HHC than the closing game of the Bob (which will be a win)!  Yell loud for all of us fellow Huskers who can't make it Lincoln this evening, it means a lot to us, when we can show our fellow B1G fans how well we travel for football, volleyball, (one day basketball), and how loud our home-court can be even when we have a below-average team.

I used to post all the time on previous boards, now with wife and children and full time job taking up a lot of my time i rarely have time to do more then troll. Living two hours away from Lincoln also hurts its harder to use my season tickets and make it to all the games like I used to, but I am still here rooting loudly and obnoxiously. I will certainly be attending the march 6th game seeing as most of my favorite memories of growing up in Lincoln were the winter walks to and from the Bob win, lose, rain, snow, shine I was always there. I hope when I take my kids to the new arena they begin to form some memories of their own.

Hopefully my kids memories have more to do with actual wins rather then almosts though :rolleyes:

Hey, 88, weren't you friends with McCrayzie? You both went to Pius if I'm not mistaken. Didn't you used to be Thunderbolts88 or something like that? Whatever happened to McCrayzie? I always enjoyed his posts.

Yours? Well, yours were somewhat more ... interesting. I recall the day you decided to get yourself banned from the Huskersillustrated hoops board. I think you didn't like the mod so much. That was back during Collier's days.

And, as I remember it, you did a good job of making sure you'd never be allowed back on that board again. Let's just say your departure was memorable. Blaze of glory, I'd call it. Blaze of something anyway.

Yes indeed that would be me... Not really sure what happened to mccrayzie I think he got involved with the athletic department in some capacity during college so probably had to give up message boarding, if that's really a verb.

As for me I think I've calmed down to some extent ...

Or maybe I just yell and curse at my television instead of message boards now. Who knows either way I still lurk and am a diehard, but my wife makes fun of me if I spend to much time on a message board.

Three kids under three don't help either.....

Tell McCrazy (sp?) to get his butt back on the board!  We're gonna have some fun times in the future.  I can feel it.  :)

I love following Nebrasketball, as a student/alum/fan it's easy to follow every sport we offer (because we have seen major success in almost all of them), but Nebraska Basketball is different it's the "True Nebraska Fan's Team", my favorite line of dear old Nebraska U. states it best "we'll all stick together in all kinds of weather".  The potential has never been truly reached, but it can be seen, and one day it will reached, and I'm sure for many of us it will be quite rewarding when that day does come.  

As a recent graduate of Nebraska, I used to have a lot of "ins" with the athletic department through walk-ons, trainers, and support staff.  However, as my friends have also graduated, and now that I'm at Iowa State working on my Ph.D., I was looking for ways to stay informed and found the HHC around 2 years ago.  I officially got a log-in to follow the recruiting section on this board, which by the way is a great add to this board.  I enjoy reading each of your perspectives on game performances, philosophies, and long term prospects for our team.  I have thought many times about posting, or adding to the conversation, but always deleted it, maybe now that the ice has been broken I will start to add my input from time to time.

Being in Ames, and having friends who are fellow B1G alums, I travel to a bunch of our road games, and I've lost count of how many times opposing fans have told me that they're concerned UNL will become a contender in basketball, how they wish Tim Miles was their head coach and how much they think Nebraska is an ideal fit in the B1G (this has been accelerated when we announced the addition of Rutgers and U. of Maryland).  I'm one of those four loud yells you hear when we score and crowd goes silent (usually when my fellow Kansan Shavon Shields starts to take over the game, boy does that kid have some potential).

Last but not least, I can't think of a better day to have a first post on HHC than the closing game of the Bob (which will be a win)!  Yell loud for all of us fellow Huskers who can't make it Lincoln this evening, it means a lot to us, when we can show our fellow B1G fans how well we travel for football, volleyball, (one day basketball), and how loud our home-court can be even when we have a below-average team.

So...

You like the Shields kid, too, eh?   :)

So...

You like the Shields kid, too, eh?   :)

Indeed!  I know this has been posted on here before about Shavon being streaky, and if you look at his stats, there's no denying that, however if you get past the early season injury conversation there is one key stat that you can look at to show why he's on or off, that's his foul trouble look at this past month:

Opp-PF-PTS-REB

@MINN 1 10 3

OSU 1 6 3

PSU 4 7 3

@IU 4 5 3

MSU 1 19 13

IOWA 2 17 7

@WISC 4 2 7

@ILL 4 9 5

As a Freshman post player in the B1G it's tough to stay out of foul trouble, but when he has and is able to stay in the game, he has really been able to show his true potential, and that's why I believe an off-season with this staff, learning how to play the game better, improve his basketball IQ and stay off the bench due to fouls, boy we could be looking at real special player!