Miles on Tim Brando

seaofred92

I think Coach Miles should try to get get a position doing some commentary from the studio for ESPN or CBS during the tournament. I think getting his personality out there would be great for recruiting and I'm sure he'd be very entertaining and insightful. 

This is a fantastic idea!

I think Coach Miles should try to get get a position doing some commentary from the studio for ESPN or CBS during the tournament. I think getting his personality out there would be great for recruiting and I'm sure he'd be very entertaining and insightful. 

Abso-fricken-lutely -- I think kids really like to see that also.  Adds to some legitimacy of your program.  

Tim Miles is perhaps one of the most, if not the most, colorful and social coaches in the game. Just look at all the press he's gotten at a school that has a reputation around the country as having almost literally no basketball fans. Even if you aren't a Nebraska fan, I can't imagine you wouldn't be entertained watching and listening to Coach Miles. 

I'm sure Coach Miles is concentrating on finishing the season, and we still have a shot at a post season tournament, but if there's anybody in the Athletic Department who could sort of set the wheels in motion in the event we don't, that would be freaking awesome. I think I'll shoot an email to Marc Boehm. Who knows if he'll read it, and maybe the idea is already floating out there (it seems like a no-brainer to me).

Tim Miles is perhaps one of the most, if not the most, colorful and social coaches in the game. Just look at all the press he's gotten at a school that has a reputation around the country as having almost literally no basketball fans. Even if you aren't a Nebraska fan, I can't imagine you wouldn't be entertained watching and listening to Coach Miles. 

I'm sure Coach Miles is concentrating on finishing the season, and we still have a shot at a post season tournament, but if there's anybody in the Athletic Department who could sort of set the wheels in motion in the event we don't, that would be freaking awesome. I think I'll shoot an email to Marc Boehm. Who knows if he'll read it, and maybe the idea is already floating out there (it seems like a no-brainer to me).

Miles said today that he hasnt really pondered going to any tournament less than the NIT and that no other B1G school has gone to one of the lesser before and said he wouldnt necessarily want to be the first to do so.

Just look at all the press he's gotten at a school that has a reputation around the country as having almost literally no basketball fans.

There are plenty of fans and fan support. What you probably meant to say was look at his reputation despite coaching at a school that has zero tourny wins.

No, I meant nationally, Nebraska is viewed as a state that only supports football, and couldn't care less about basketball. Sort of how people think Kentucky is a basketball state that doesn't care about football. I know the reputation isn't true, but when I've visited other team's message board and bring up Nebraska basketball, one of the most common reactions I get is "Nebraska has basketball fans?" Miles is changing that though. I've seen a lot more discussion on Nebraska basketball this year than maybe ever, and at least since Ade Dagunduro's last season, where we were a bubble team up until the last few games.

Aksker, apparently you don't remember the Nee years very well.  We were gaining a pretty nice national reputation believe it or not back then.

In fact, there was one episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", I kid you not, where Will Smith was seen wearing a Nebraska Basketball sweatshirt.

I don't know why I remember that...but I guess I have a unique ability to recall trivial stuff like that.

Aksker, apparently you don't remember the Nee years very well.  We were gaining a pretty nice national reputation believe it or not back then.

In fact, there was one episode of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", I kid you not, where Will Smith was seen wearing a Nebraska Basketball sweatshirt.

I don't know why I remember that...but I guess I have a unique ability to recall trivial stuff like that.

Not the really good years. I was 18 when we last made the tourney. And how many years after have we even been a bubble team the last week of the season?  

We need a screen shot of that!