Snowmageddon, huh? wow.

Norm Peterson

There's probably at least an inch of accumulation already and IT'S STILL COMING DOWN!

I can hardly see the grass in my yard now, the snow is so deep.  Thank GOODNESS they moved the Iowa game to Saturday.  All those A-section fans coming in from southwest Lincoln would have had a hard time driving the speed limit getting down to Devaney with all this snow.  <_<

Three inches in the past hour where I am, with a bunch of wind...gotta disagree a bit with you Norm, a good decision was made.  When there is ice and snow on game day, I tend to remember this terrible bit of news:

Friday, February 01, 2002

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) The grandparents of Nebraska basketball player Jake Muhleisen were killed in a crash on their way home from the Cornhuskers' win over Texas Tech.

Ardean Muhleisen, 68, and his wife Patty, 66, were in their car, which went out of control on ice and was struck by a tractor trailer Wednesday night.
The Muhleisens were returning to Milford, about 20 miles west of Lincoln, after Nebraska's 80-69 upset of 20th-ranked Texas Tech. Jake Muhleisen, a freshman guard, scored 11 points for the Huskers.

''Everyone associated with the Nebraska basketball program extends its deepest sympathy,'' Nebraska coach Barry Collier said Thursday.

We haven't had three inches all day where I am.  And I've been driving all around Lincoln in the last hour and the roads aren't icy, nor are they really snow-covered.  In some spots, the pavement is blown clean.  I can still see the grass in my yard.  I still feel bad for the Muhleisen family over that one, but I just don't think it's that bad here today.  The Iowa State game a few years ago was much worse than this and their (drunk) fans showed up midway through the first half and out-shouted the home crowd.  Remember that?

I think the right call was made.  It's still coming down pretty good here in the Swedish Capital of Nebraska.  Last I heard, it was supposed to keep it up (no Standhardinger reference intended) til 9 or 10 tonight.

Maybe the extra couple days rest will help us.  Iowa's bench is deeper than ours.  And as far as this possibly being our last chance at a victory in the BDSC?  No way.  We beat Minnesota.  I got B Level tickets for that baby!  Huskers have never lost in games when I sat in these seats--that includes victories over Okie State and Big Country and Oklahoma with Blake Griffin.  :)

We haven't had three inches all day where I am.  And I've been driving all around Lincoln in the last hour and the roads aren't icy, nor are they really snow-covered.  In some spots, the pavement is blown clean.  I can still see the grass in my yard.  I still feel bad for the Muhleisen family over that one, but I just don't think it's that bad.  The Iowa State game a few years ago was much worse than this and their (drunk) fans showed up midway through the first half and out-shouted the home crowd.  Remember that?

So, did you drive down to 10th & Q to heckle Jim Cantore, Norm?

I think the right call was made.  It's still coming down pretty good here in the Swedish Capital of Nebraska.  Last I heard, it was supposed to keep it up (no Standhardinger reference intended) til 9 or 10 tonight.

Maybe the extra couple days rest will help us.  Iowa's bench is deeper than ours.  And as far as this possibly being our last chance at a victory in the BDSC?  No way.  We beat Minnesota.  I got B Level tickets for that baby!  Huskers have never lost in games when I sat in these seats--that includes victories over Okie State and Big Country and Oklahoma with Blake Griffin.  :)

What a coincidence, I'm undefeated in B level too!

We live 160 miles from Lincoln and make it to 80% of the games.  We also have about 12 inches of snow here right now and still falling.  We plan on being there Saturday and would not of taken a chance today of getting there.  Best think about all the fans from outside of Lincoln that support the Huskers.  Been going since we were in college there in the 70's.  Maybe someday we will rent an apartment so we don't have to travel all the time.

We haven't had three inches all day where I am.  And I've been driving all around Lincoln in the last hour and the roads aren't icy, nor are they really snow-covered.  In some spots, the pavement is blown clean.  I can still see the grass in my yard.  I still feel bad for the Muhleisen family over that one, but I just don't think it's that bad.  The Iowa State game a few years ago was much worse than this and their (drunk) fans showed up midway through the first half and out-shouted the home crowd.  Remember that?

Did I wind up on Weather Channel?  If so, that wasn't me.   :ph34r:

Did I wind up on Weather Channel?  If so, that wasn't me

>>>> 

Did I wind up on Weather Channel?  If so, that wasn't me.   :ph34r:

So that was you in the horse head Norm ?  https://twitter.com/MKMEDIA/status/304665226064846848/photo/1

Yeah, 49r, I've had the privilege of sitting in those seats maybe 10 times in the last 30 years.  But the Huskers have never lost that I can remember.  I actually think the Huskers will go 2-0 to close out the Devaney.  But, I thought we were going to get a foot of snow today, too.....

I've been down there I believe 4 times in the last 4 years, including the win over top-15 Texas A&M.

I think there's something to this theory.  You and I maybe need to pass this bit of info on to the Athletics Department and see if they won't sponsor a couple of club-level seats in PBA for us.

You know, for good luck...

We live 160 miles from Lincoln and make it to 80% of the games.  We also have about 12 inches of snow here right now and still falling.  We plan on being there Saturday and would not of taken a chance today of getting there.  Best think about all the fans from outside of Lincoln that support the Huskers.  Been going since we were in college there in the 70's.  Maybe someday we will rent an apartment so we don't have to travel all the time.

Even though we didn't get as much snow as we expected it seems like the decision was for the best given there was a significant amount of snow.  

Not having to dig my car out after a game seems like a good idea.