What happend to the thread about the big prospect?

cornfed24-7

The biggest reason for a separate forum for recruiting is to hide these posts from the casual user/search engines.

If you ever hit the forums while not logged in, you'll notice you can't see the recruiting forum.

Basically we don't want to be a reason we don't get a recruit.

We sure hold a high opinion of our importance, don't we?

The biggest reason for a separate forum for recruiting is to hide these posts from the casual user/search engines.

If you ever hit the forums while not logged in, you'll notice you can't see the recruiting forum.

Basically we don't want to be a reason we don't get a recruit.

We sure hold a high opinion of our importance, don't we?

So when a recruit visits this board to see what people are saying about him, he won't see anything, as if we don't care about him or other recruits? I love everything about the new board, but that one doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

So when a recruit visits this board to see what people are saying about him, he won't see anything, as if we don't care about him or other recruits? I love everything about the new board, but that one doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I think it has more so to do with trying to minimize any sort of risk in having any involvement in recruiting dilemmas. If I remember correctly, the HHC staff was implementing some of these recruiting board changes around the time when the University publicly announced that Nebraska fans should not communicate to any of the prospects (in this case, via Twitter) within the last year.

And, let's be honest, the wavering of "[insert name here] is a program changer", "we don't need [insert name here], he's mediocre at best" stuff can send some conflicting messages to some of these recruits (good or bad).

I think it has more so to do with trying to minimize any sort of risk in having any involvement in recruiting dilemmas. If I remember correctly, the HHC staff was implementing some of these recruiting board changes around the time when the University publicly announced that Nebraska fans should not communicate to any of the prospects (in this case, via Twitter) within the last year.

And, let's be honest, the wavering of "[insert name here] is a program changer", "we don't need [insert name here], he's mediocre at best" stuff can send some conflicting messages to some of these recruits (good or bad).

I have a real hard time thinking a recruit would truly make his decision based on something he read from a fan or two on a messageboard.