North Carolina in the Big 10

1sdpad2

The sports talk on 1480 last night on the ride home was about rumors of NC joining the Big 10.  I haven't seen it discussed much on this board.  I'm not around as much as in the past, but was curious what the odds of this happening are.  Last night most of the talk was about the Big 10 only being concerned about TVs and going further south.  What is the latest talk about the next two teams to join?  My kids have been keeping me too busy to pay that much attention.

Glad the Iowa game got moved to the weekend so I can take my daughter.  Please don't be too pissed off at me if I leave at the 4 minute mark.  I can only keep her interested so long with the popcorn and cookie. 

Hopefully some more afternoon weekend games make it to the schedule in the future.  It's much more kid friendly.

No insider info, but all the rumors say If they want in, they're in, along with Virginia. IMO, it's a good move for the Big 10. Need to expand the geographical footprint. Will make for an incredible basketball conference if they decide.

The only hold-up I see is it seem the vast majority of NC alums want to stay in the ACC, and I don't blame them. There's a lot of tradition they'd be giving up.

This, if it happened, would be in my opinion the biggest domino to fall in conference realignment. Could lead to the demise of the ACC if UMD, UNC, UVA all want out. Rumor had it the SEC was looking at Clemson, VT, NC State as possible members during the last go round and the Big 12 wanted Clemson and FSU as well. 

My question is why stop at 16? Why not go to 18 or 20? Add UMD, UNC, UVA, GT, Duke, and Rutgers to what we already have and this is an insane conference

have heard of UNC, GT for sure and maybe UVA but i still think kansas would be attractive even though that wont happen...my only fleeting request for realignment is whatever number you have in mind, 16, 18, or 20+ just get it done asap. i dont need to see conference schedules & divisions get flipped around for when teams 15 & 16 come in, then 2 years later we have to change it again for 17 & 18 etc

It would make for a good fit for basketball, not so much football.  I am not sure how it would work for the other sports.  How are their women's rifle and bowling teams?

I'm sure they have some Appalachian mountain chicks there from the back woods who can shoot pretty well. Not sure about bowling.

It would make for a good fit for basketball, not so much football.  I am not sure how it would work for the other sports.  How are their women's rifle and bowling teams?

Given UNC's CWS wins of late...it would sure as hell vastly increase the difficulty of winning the BIG baseball championship!