branching off the 'pinnacle bank seating chart' thread..

Concrete

wanted to get a discussion about the new student section

a) do people think we will be able to fill it?

b- How big was the student section before we moved it behind the baskets?  If i remember correctly, in the 90s the student section was the full length of the court as opposed to on the baselines

well yea, i guess i'm wondering how big our new student section will be in comparison to the pre-baseline set up at devaney.  i might be wrong, but our old student section seemed to be quite a bit bigger than the current set up.  Perhaps it's just because we were better then and the students were a little more raucous

Well - in the 70's and into the 80's the entire A level (all 4 sides) were bleachers filled with students.  Back in the old days when I was a student the sold more student tickets than they could fit in the entire A level - if you did not get it early enough the remaining students were relegated to the upper bleachers. 

When the replaced the bleachers with chair seats on the sides of A they left one side for students for a couple years - but it was a disaster because students standing in those seats blocked the view of the people in the B section behind them.  At one point they shot off the back row or two of chairs on that side so no one could sit/stand there.   Shortly thereafter they redid the end bleachers (when they put in the video screens and went to floor based baskets instead of the ones that came down from the ceiling).  Then they put the students on both ends - with the east end supposed to be students up into the B and C sections.   Not sure if the students still get any of those east end B section seats?

As with football the number of available student tickets has consistently decreased.  I suspect the number of floor level student seats in Pinnacle will be slightly fewer than they have now - certainly not alot more.  Unfortunately the number is probably still greater than the number of students who actually come to the games now - so the students can't really complain.  I just really regret that they abandoned the idea to just have standing levels in that side student area rather than seats.  Not sure if that ever really was the plan - but it was actually a very good idea.

I'm really trying to find time to digitize the whole set. I've got nearly every game that was televised in the early 90s, but the tracking quality of the tapes 23 years later is not great, which is one of the reasons I want to get the conversion done. I'm going to try to do a couple each week. I will try to put the one I did today up later this week. It was Colorado at NU. If no one minds the commercials (which are a memory lane trip by themselves) I can probably post them up pretty easily. If I edit out the commercials it's going to take awhile.

I'm really trying to find time to digitize the whole set. I've got nearly every game that was televised in the early 90s, but the tracking quality of the tapes 23 years later is not great, which is one of the reasons I want to get the conversion done. I'm going to try to do a couple each week. I will try to put the one I did today up later this week. It was Colorado at NU. If no one minds the commercials (which are a memory lane trip by themselves) I can probably post them up pretty easily. If I edit out the commercials it's going to take awhile.

how big is the MP4 file?

This would be fantastic! No need to edit out commercials, IMO.

Agree, commercials are fine. I would love to see these old games. I have several from the 90's on VHS, but the quality is starting to get pretty bad. I would love to get the KU game when Jamar Johnson hit the game-winner. I was there, but I've never been able to re-watch the game in its entirety. And, many games from the 1990-91 seasons would be great to go back and see. Would love to see that. Please keep us posted!