Channel 6 (Omaha) Newscaster -- Anti - Husker Basketball

Swan88

The Channel 6 (Omaha) sportscaster is about as anti-Husker basketball as anyone can get away with in a Nebraska television station.  He simply can't help doing the little digs against Nebrasketball. 

So . . . he opens with the play that looks as if it will be a Husker over-and-back but ends up with a lay-up at the other end.  Then he goes to the Talley three-pointer where Talley is trying to draw a foul, but it went in anyway (I believe the announcer said it was "ugly").  Then the on-line Chanel 6 webpage says that Michigan St. "Swats" the Huskers.  Don't like it . . . at all !!!

It actually is a good headline since MSU blocked 10 shots.

Officially, yes they did.  Unofficially, if the jerseys would have been reversed, at least one of those "swats" would have been called "goal tending" and several others would have been called "fouls." 

But, OK, yeah, the box score shows they had 10 blocks.

I agree with you.  IMO Ubel got fouled at least 2 times on those "blocks"

My suggestion is watch one of the other Channels.

With the wonders of the remote, you can usually catch Husker highlights on all the Omaha news channels after any game. So, this suggestion doesn't solve the problem.

Sure it does.  No one is forcing you to watch the channel 6 version of the highlights.  If all they're going to do is make  you mad, then why even turn it to that station?  Just don't do it.  Problem solved.  Blood pressure normalized.

I agree with uneblinstu.  Vote with your remote.  Ratings mean everything to these guys.  There's a ratings book that comes out and the guys who don't score well find themselves out of work.  It's all about money and ratings translate directly into ad revenue.  And if this guy continues to alienate the local Husker fan population, he's going to find himself in Fargo where he can diss the Huskers all he wants (because no one will be watching him anyway.)

With all due respect . . . don't like the don't-listen recommendation. 

Head-in-the-sand is rarely a good posture.  We all listen to disagreeable folks (heck, many of us read this message board regularly), and many of us respond to many things we find disagreeable. 

So . . . sorry to disappoint, but--like most everyone else on this board--I'll keep reading this message board and listening to sports reports on Channel 6 and reading opinion pages in contrary newspapers and talking to friends who have differing opinions and . . . of course . . .  expressing my contrary views in return. 

And the blood pressure is just fine--thanks for asking.