Fuller hurt

Huskerpapa

How do you let him get that wide open?

the defensive player WAS at the three point line.  I guess I would think you could sag off of him at the distance he was at to hit the shot.  Now if the defensive player was down low in the key I would question it but that shot was from well beyond the NBA line.

Norm, you aren't usually this giddy about next year until like August!   :D

Oh, that's so not true.  Don't you remember on the old board all the times people complained that I wanted to talk about next year?  "It's always 'next year' with this team."  Remember that?

My deal is that I can multi-task.  I can talk to someone on the phone (like right now) while typing on the computer and thinking about both this year AND next year.

It's true.  I'm amazing.  -_-

Fuller landed on the defenders foot and turned his ankle.  Everything out the Madison area says he will be playing tonight for the conference championship if they win. first time Sun Prairie has ever won conference title.

There is also a statement made that Nick Fuller has not missed a youth, high school or AAU game since 6th grade.  over 500 concecutive games played.

Seems to me I remember some comment from Miles somewhere that he and Fuller spoke about "things" and they agreed that Fuller's game lends itself more to the small forward position rather than the power forward position.  Either way, the dude has a beautiful looking jump shot and fabulous range. 

I am so stoked about him being in a Husker uni next season.  If he pulls a Will Harris and needs to be closer to his ailing mother or something, I might look for a window ledge to throw myself off of.

Seems to me I remember some comment from Miles somewhere that he and Fuller spoke about "things" and they agreed that Fuller's game lends itself more to the small forward position rather than the power forward position.  Either way, the dude has a beautiful looking jump shot and fabulous range. 

I am so stoked about him being in a Husker uni next season.  If he pulls a Will Harris and needs to be closer to his ailing mother or something, I might look for a window ledge to throw myself off of.

I know he has small forward skills. If he comes into next season at 6'8, he may end up at power forward by default. I can't imagine Atewe or Sergej starting, but there is still a chance NU brings in a JUCO or transfer that can be a starting big man.

I know he has small forward skills. If he comes into next season at 6'8, he may end up at power forward by default. I can't imagine Atewe or Sergej starting, but there is still a chance NU brings in a JUCO or transfer that can be a starting big man.

I actually can see Atewe starting and here's my reasoning.  Much like the Canadian national team Atewe started but the bench player at the same position played as much or more than Atewe.  I read the reason was they had plenty of offensive fire power but needed a defensive presence down low with the "first string" and the bench player then provided more offense when he took over for Atewe.  I kind of like that idea, assuming our offense at the other 4 positions are at their best, to make sure we have a better defender for the abundance of good B1G post players.

I actually can see Atewe starting and here's my reasoning.  Much like the Canadian national team Atewe started but the bench player at the same position played as much or more than Atewe.  I read the reason was they had plenty of offensive fire power but needed a defensive presence down low with the "first string" and the bench player then provided more offense when he took over for Atewe.  I kind of like that idea, assuming our offense at the other 4 positions are at their best, to make sure we have a better defender for the abundance of good B1G post players.

I could see him starting too. The reasoning for me is that we don't have a player like him on next year's roster yet.

Have you guys seen the prep school highlights for Walter Pitchford yet? I wasn't on this board when he signed, so I don't know how much it was discussed, but he was mostly a wing-type player in high school. He has a pretty thin build and is a good outside shooter. He's not a big-bodied guy who plays in the paint. I know they're trying to make him that, and I hope they're successful, but it's not how he made his living as a high school player. I'm sure he's put on weight since these videos were shot.

When you talk about a big-bodied power forward/center with the height, weight and strength to bang in the paint in the B1G, who on the current roster fits that mold? And don't give me Vooch! :-)

Atewe brings something to this team that it simply doesn't have, and he doesn't need to be a major scoring threat. We're bringing in guys like Fuller, Webster and Hawkins who can score points.