Creighton and Nebraska have same record over last 8 games.

PimpMario

How happy would you have been if I told you that we were going to have the same record as Creighton over an 8 game conference stretch this season.

I would have been thrilled figuring we would we would catch lightning in the bottle and win 5 or 6 games.

Creighton and Nebraska's records over the last 8 games: 3-5

Pathetic on both accounts; but theirs is much worse considering conferences.

Wow.  I didn't realize.  Hadn't been following them but that just blows me away. 

That's too bad for them because this had the makings of a special season for that team.  You don't get players like Doug McDermott on your roster every day.  And he has a pretty decent supporting cast as well with a quality big in the middle and good shooters around the perimeter.

It's ironic.  Here we are, losing but excited about the future.  And I have to think that over in Bluejay land, they have to be about at the opposite end of the emotional spectrum.  I mean, the roster for them coming into this season was about as good as it gets.  For them.

There must be some nagging injuries.

And the loss of Josh Jones' athleticism had to leave a mark--I remember watching him play in the Omaha summer league and being impressed with everything he could do, including winning the opening tip against much taller players!

His loss is bigger than I think most people think or are willing to admit.  I've seen him win a few games for them in crunch time. 

It's all about expectations, isn't it.....

Creighton is essentially the MVC version of Illinois - They're tough to beat when they're making an above average number of 3pts that they take at an above average clip.

They're a good team and they'll make the tourney if they take care of the easy foes the rest of the way out.

They're playing St. Marys, Wichita St, and the MVC Conference for seeding in the tourney.

At this point we're playing to wreck people's tourney chances but overall our only regretful loss was probably Kent St. at Home and we have seven chances to surpass our win total from last year's team, which arguably was more talented.

It's all about expectations, isn't it.....

Creighton is essentially the MVC version of Illinois - They're tough to beat when they're making an above average number of 3pts that they take at an above average clip.

They're a good team and they'll make the tourney if they take care of the easy foes the rest of the way out.

They're playing St. Marys, Wichita St, and the MVC Conference for seeding in the tourney.

At this point we're playing to wreck people's tourney chances but overall our only regretful loss was probably Kent St. at Home and we have seven chances to surpass our win total from last year's team, which arguably was more talented.

If they lose at Evansville(they shouldnt, Evansville is bbaaaaaadd)....and then take a loss to St. Marys....they may very well have to win in St. Louis to get an auto bid.  While this is a down year for CBB their resume just isn't very impressive.  RPI is now hovering around #50 and SOS will finish around #100...then throw in lack of quality wins plus finishing the regular season in bad fasion I could see them being left out.  That's of course assuming the lose 2 more regular season games.  Mo Valley teams with better resumes than Creighton's current resume... have been left out in the past.  The Valley will probably end up getting two bids.  It will be very interesting to see what happens if Illinois St wins the Valley tourny..which Id say they are the favs right now.  Creighton fans hated to hear it earlier in the year but what I said has come to fruition.  They lack depth and athleticism.  Live by the three, die by the three.  What has been most noticable is it appears Mcdermott is more worried about impressing NBA scouts than he is about winnings basketball games.  His game has transitioned from scoring down low to now more hovering around the three point land and face up game.   

What has been most noticable is it appears Mcdermott is more worried about impressing NBA scouts than he is about winnings basketball games.  His game has transitioned from scoring down low to now more hovering around the three point land and face up game.   

I think the real difference is last year the jays had a guard, Antoine Young, that made great passes that were timed and placed in specific spots that allowed Doug to use a quick release before the defense reacted...for instance the pass would go high and to Doug's left going toward the basket for a quick catch and release move. The current guards do not give him these passes nearly as often. Quickness is Doug's game not post up and using moves. Both Young and Jones were much better at getting assists from their passes. They are gone and so is a portion of Doug's advantage. I have been surprised this has not been addressed and fixed, at least in the hand full of games I have seen recently.

I checked out the Bluejay Underground and those folks are infighting pretty heavily between those who think Altman handed McDermott a dumpster fire of a program from which McDermott has done reasonably well in picking up the pieces to those who think McDermott inherited one of the best programs in the Mo Valley and has squandered the most talented team they've seen in awhile if not ever.

Almost uniformly, they seem to be blaming things on the loss of a reserve guard who suffered a career-ending medical condition earlier this season.  Gee, how could any team with an All-American forward and its starting lineup still intact recover from such a devastating loss of personnel?

Anyway, there are some who say that McDermott should have coached his way out of that loss and others who say that the loss of JJ was insurmountable.  Either way, they're not happy.  It's just a question of who is to blame.  And to the extent they're fighting about the coach, it kind of reminds me of this board over the last few years and makes me thankful that we're at a point where we can be on a losing streak but still unified behind a new coach.