Just finished watching the Tim Miles presser on Huskers.com...

49r

Coach Miles quotes of the presser:

"There's different ways to make great great apple pie. Once recipe does not fit all."

"We want to make this thing look like Macy's Thanksgiving Parade."

"I can't speak for Husker fans, but I want to win now... when they put my name in the paper, they put my record. How many times we've won and how many times we've lost. Not the team, not my wife... nobody wants to win worse than I do."

An exciting time. Agressive on offense, smart on defense. I loved Doc, but that said, Doc's philosophy was pretty much the opposite wasn't it? With Doc it was aggressive on defense yet more calculated and smart on offense. This is going to be interesting. Who are we counting on for scoring? A. Ubel, Talley and Gallegos.

Glad that he wants to keep playing the Jays. I do hope that he does well and that both programs can grow to respect each other. It could be a pretty good rivalry. (Why did it look like it said -uck it! behind him around the 13:00 mark?)

Hopefully the boo-birds (no pun intended.... well, yeah, it was completely intended) don't take Miles' "only show in the state" comment too much to heart. He's made it know that he has those slip-ups (or at least that's what Ortiz told me). I agree with you though. It would certainly make a great rivalry every year if our programs were consistently in the top 40 each year.