Penn State Game Thread: Low Rent Rendezvous

cipsucks

No way we finish 4-3 against those 7 teams.  I would be happy with 2-5.  However, we might be able to make one of the lesser 2 tournaments if we finished 3-4 or 3-5.  That seems far fetched but...

EDIT: 1-6 would make me happy, 2-5 would  make me thrilled.  We might be able to beat Iowa at home but any other win would considered an upset and while I could see us getting 1 upset getting 3 or 4 probably isn't going to happen.

Don't set yourself up for a letdown.

Nebraska could have 3 players average in double figures in scoring for the first time since 2005-06 when Wes Wilkinson, Jason Dourisseau, Aleks Maric, and Joe McCray all averaged double figures.

Talley and Ray look like locks having to score a total of 5 and 2 respectively in the last 8 games.  Ubel has to average 4.7 points per game down the stretch to score double figures.  

No way we finish 4-3 against those 7 teams.  I would be happy with 2-5.  However, we might be able to make one of the lesser 2 tournaments if we finished 3-4 or 3-5.  That seems far fetched but...

EDIT: 1-6 would make me happy, 2-5 would  make me thrilled.  We might be able to beat Iowa at home but any other win would considered an upset and while I could see us getting 1 upset getting 3 or 4 probably isn't going to happen.

Don't count a team out who had been counted out since before the season even started either.  They have proven that they can play wint ANY team in the conference, if not the nation.  Not saying we get another win this year, but not counting out a postseason chance.  Espicially with our RPI and SOS

Don't count a team out who had been counted out since before the season even started either.  They have proven that they can play wint ANY team in the conference, if not the nation.  Not saying we get another win this year, but not counting out a postseason chance.  Espicially with our RPI and SOS

Playing a team close is a lot different than winning.  This is more true in basketball where the final score can often times be misleading (see OSU, game wasn't that close).

I love this team and I will be sad to see Andre, Ubel and Talley leave.  

But they are 2-0 against teams below them in the standings and 1-8 against teams ahead of them.  We get Iowa at home (I could see it).

Other than that hopefully we can steal 1.  

What we need it 2 more games against PSU.  They  should be are permanant basketball rival!

Playing a team close is a lot different than winning.  This is more true in basketball where the final score can often times be misleading (see OSU, game wasn't that close).

I love this team and I will be sad to see Andre, Ubel and Talley leave.  

But they are 2-0 against teams below them in the standings and 1-8 against teams ahead of them.  We get Iowa at home (I could see it).

Other than that hopefully we can steal 1.  

What we need it 2 more games against PSU.  They  should be are permanant basketball rival!

At least we have something to fight for... that may give the guys an extra push to get a few more wins.  They deserve a postseason.  Not going to argue that it will be a tough road to get there, but we have the fight (hopefully) to do it.

Who cares as long as Creighton keeps losing I am happy.

MVC shouldn't have any teams ranked on Monday.

Yeah, it's been a rough stretch, but hey that happens. Wisconsin winning should help the Jays RPI. I'm not saying this to argue with anybody or to ruffle any corn stalks, but don't be surprised if there are three Valley teams in the dance this year.  Should be a great tourney in St. Louis. Congratulations on the Husker's win. It looks like you guys are ready to make a run; a lot of the upper Big 10 teams have been losing lately. Go get 'em.

Who cares as long as Creighton keeps losing I am happy.

MVC shouldn't have any teams ranked on Monday.

Yeah, it's been a rough stretch, but hey that happens. Wisconsin winning should help the Jays RPI. I'm not saying this to argue with anybody or to ruffle any corn stalks, but don't be surprised if there are three Valley teams in the dance this year.  Should be a great tourney in St. Louis. Congratulations on the Husker's win. It looks like you guys are ready to make a run; a lot of the upper Big 10 teams have been losing lately. Go get 'em.

Creighton needs to be in a conference where when they lose a couple games in February it is not seen as a huge setback.

My friend started joking how they were going to get a top 2 or 3 seed.... in the NIT.  But the actual resignation in his voice communicated that he was tired of Creightions yearly meltdown.  If they were in a better conference they wouldn't be seen as such a big deal.  I hope they get in the Catholic Conference.