With a win tonight, Rowlett High is 23-3 and Nathan Hawkins ... nice line.

Norm Peterson

Scored 25 of his team's 71 pts, grabbed 10 boards, dished 2 assists and had 3 steals.

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/v_qyXaJFqUO2iQwc0dSMFA/basketball-winter-12-13/boxscore-lakeview-centennial-garland-vs-rowlett-rowlett.htm 

He's been on a tear lately, scoring over 20 pts in each of the last 3 games for Rowlett and at least 19 pts in each of the last 5.  Also shooting right at 35% from 3 on the year.  

Lest anyone forget, amidst all the hype for Fuller, that we have a pretty decent player from Texas coming in next year as well.

Hawkins really impresses me based on what I've seen from his Youtube videos. He's going to help next season in my opinion, and even though he seems like more of a 2, based on what I've seen, his ball handling skills are good enough to play the PG spot if that's what he's asked to do. 

Hawkins can both shoot and penetrate offensively, but he's also a really impressive ball handler and passer from what I've seen. I think we got a really good one here.

I know.  I kinda wish every year with a small team like we tend to have every couple years that we would play more up and down, and press at least some.  I guess I figure if we're going to be bad, might as well play a style you're opponents aren't as familiar with and have some fun with it.  But on the other hand, I kind of think we might be pretty decent next year and there's no way we're going to play that style anytime soon. 

I know.  I kinda wish every year with a small team like we tend to have every couple years that we would play more up and down, and press at least some.  I guess I figure if we're going to be bad, might as well play a style you're opponents aren't as familiar with and have some fun with it.  But on the other hand, I kind of think we might be pretty decent next year and there's no way we're going to play that style anytime soon. 

We may not be run and gun next year but Miles has said he likes to play more uptempo than the way the team's played this year.  His hand has just been forced with the team we have.

We may not be run and gun next year but Miles has said he likes to play more uptempo than the way the team's played this year.  His hand has just been forced with the team we have.

Doc wanted to play baseline to baseline too but his hand was forced for 5 years.....

I kid becuase I love.

I'd like to see more pressure. Not really a helter skelter/run and gun kind of a thing. More of a controled chaos kind of thing. Ok I don't know if there's a difference, I'm just talking to hear my own voice. Or in this case my fingers typing.

It's gonna be a dog fight for minutes on the perimeter next year.  

Parker, Gallegos, Rivers, Shields, Webster, Fuller, Petteway, Hawkins.  I don't know that there will be room for all of them next year to get on the floor.

I guess it's a legitimate question as to whether all of those guys will be perimeter players on next year's team.  Because, aside from Pitchford, Vucetic and Biggs, you've pretty much named our entire roster of scholarship players for next year.  Some of those guys are going to play more of a "big" role.  Shields, for instance.  His game is more PF anyway.  And that's pretty much what Rivers has been playing this year as well.

I agree with what you say that there will be stiff competition for minutes on the perimeter next year but some of those guys will be playing more of an inside role.

To graphically illustrate the point I was making above, see the below list.  Not ranked but listed in terms of returning experience (transfers > incoming frosh.)  Some players are combo types who can play more than one spot:

PG:  Parker, Biggs, Webster

SG:  Gallegos, Petteway, Hawkins, Webster

SF:   Rivers, Shields, Petteway, Fuller, Hawkins

PF:   Rivers, Shields, Petteway, Pitchford, Recruit A

C:     Vucetic, Pitchford, Recruit B

Some of those perimeter guys are going to have to play down low simply due to lack of other options at this point.  We'll still have a lot of intense competition for the PG and two wing spots, but someone has to play down low.  The way I see it, Hawkins stands a good chance of being in the top 10 of the rotation just because he can play multiple positions and the other guys at each of his spots will be swinging back and forth to other positions as well.

Parker, Gallegos, Rivers, Shields, Webster, Fuller, Petteway, Hawkins.  I don't know that there will be room for all of them next year to get on the floor.

I guess it's a legitimate question as to whether all of those guys will be perimeter players on next year's team.  Because, aside from Pitchford, Vucetic and Biggs, you've pretty much named our entire roster of scholarship players for next year.  Some of those guys are going to play more of a "big" role.  Shields, for instance.  His game is more PF anyway.  And that's pretty much what Rivers has been playing this year as well.

I agree with what you say that there will be stiff competition for minutes on the perimeter next year but some of those guys will be playing more of an inside role.

I meant to inclued Biggs, I thought I was misisng someone...  But yeah, I agree that we could see a variety of guys get time at the 4.  Shields, Fuller, Petteway, Rivers could all get time down there assuming we don't add anyone else, which I think we probably will.  Not to mention that Pitchford will likely also see time away from the basket offensively.  Gonna be really interesting to see what sort of lineups they use.

I've said it before but I think all three of these kids have nice looking jump shots.  These kids can shoot the ball.  No wierd sidespin.  No odd release or quirky windup or anything like that.  All three of these kids are pretty textbook.  Fuller has a fantastic left handed shot and Webster's is very good.  Hawkins' shot looks very good too.  It'll be nice to have some guys on the team who can shoot the ball and I think we really will next year.

Do parker and Gallegos take a seat?

I think that Parkers' playing time will diminsh with the additon of Webster and Biggs. It will be difficult to unseat Gallegos. He plays good defense, knows what Coach Miles wants and hopefully, with other scoring options on the floor, his shooting % will improve. I believe that Reyes will be our leading scorer next year, even with all the other scoring options we will have.

IDK.  I think there will be room for both.  I think Ray plays as much as anyone next year.  Probably won't play 39 mins a year, hopefully closer to 32.

Parker - probably yes.   Gallegos - probably no. 

Gallegos will be fighting for a starting spot whereas Parker will be fighting for just playing time.  I could see Gallegos and Webster be our starting guards with Biggs being their backup.

A nice 25-point night for Hawkins the other night. Here are a few highlights. Great behind-the-back layup! I really believe this kid is very underrated and that he's going to play a lot next year. Just a very smooth athlete with a huge upside, and a great kid from a great family too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PM72Rgk3VQ0

The BIG DUDE in that highlight clip is a 2014 4-star center named Elbert Robinson.  He's 6'10" and 260-280, depending on which site you go by.  According to Rivals, he has no offers yet but is looking at KU, OU, aTm, T Tech, Geo. Mason and La Tech.  That's a big dude.  As long as we're offering 2015 point guards from Texas, why not a 2014 center?