Sergej in blue jeans

Norm Peterson

Perhaps he's injured.  If so, maybe that injury will sideline him for the remainder of the season.  He's certainly played in less than 30% of our games.  Has he played in any since the middle of the season?  Are you getting what I'm getting at?

He played against Northwestern.  Probably should have had that injury before conference play.   ;)

Sergei has only played in 6 ballgames, why would a medical redshirt NOT be a possibility???  Can anyone explain that in further detail....

Seems like it would be a big stretch - he wasn't playing because of coach's decision, not injury.

I hope that this becomes an issue that we actually care about in 3 years.

The following definition and example is a couple years old, but it may still be valid...

Definition: A medical redshirt is a student who misses an entire year of competition due to injury and is granted an extension of his or her athletic eligibility to replace the lost season.

In men's college basketball, a student who participates in less than 30 percent of his team's games may apply for medical redshirt status.

The term is derived from redshirt, the practice of sitting out a year by choice, usually to avoid wasting a year's eligibility on a season that would otherwise be spent on the bench. Redshirting is far more common in football than in basketball.

Examples:
Syracuse guard Eric Devendorf tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a game last December, and missed the remainder of the season. Because he had played in just 10 of Syracuse's 32 games, the Big East determined that Devendorf was eligible to apply for a medical redshirt. That request was granted in September, and as a result Devendorf is now classified as a junior athletically for the 2008-09 season.

Mystery #2: Where has Lil Red been for the last several home games?

Silverbacked and I certainly don't have any idea what you're talking about...maybe Lil' Red had an "accident"?

49r is pretty deadly with a blow dart, so I have been told!

I can neither confirm nor deny these claims.