I know we don't play them anymore, well

colhusker

astkooc, they're mad down in Cat'ville that we ditched them for the B1G.  I was in Manhattan sometime last year and some guy flipped me off just for being from Nebraska.  I was at a convenience store and this guy seriously said something like "F--- off Husker (something)."  I didn't say anything back to him but I must have had this look of astonishment on my face and the lady getting into her car next to me -- middle-aged gal -- just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, you ARE from Nebraska." 

As though I deserved to be treated like that just because I had a Nebraska license plate.  I got outta there and left that place just as quick as I could.  Mind you, this was well after we left the Big 12.  It wasn't a game day.  IIRC it wasn't even football season.  I was just like "wow, you people."  I thought Husker fans were intense. 

Norm conveniently left out the part where he tried to steal the guy's sheep.......

This thread reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier, related to the same thing...

Back in 2011, when we first started competing in the Big Ten I remember that when I wasn't watching the Huskers play, I generally preferred to watch games involving Big 12 teams over anything else.  Mostly force of habit I guess.  I knew it was going to take a while, it was just difficult for me to get into watching a Michigan State vs. Illinois football game or a Wisconsin vs. Penn State basketball game for example.  I always preferred even a bad Big 12 game to all but the biggest non-Husker B1G game.

Fast forward to this year and I can tell you that suddenly I am all in on the B1G.  Now, Purdue vs. Iowa is a big deal to me.  Now I feel compelled to watch that Northwestern vs. Minnesota football game.  It matters.  I'm surprised that I made the transition so quickly, but I'm glad I did.  I was wondering what others' experiences has been on this front.

Also, apropos of the OP in this thread, I root strongly AGAINST Missouri and Colorado still to this day in all sports.  I find myself pulling FOR Kansas State in football now (oddly enough) and Kansas and Iowa State in basketball (not as much of a surprise).  I was even rooting for Texas A&M in football last season.  But to me that's all more or less a diversion.  Most importantly, I pay the closest attention to the B1G.

Pretty much followed the same path as you.  What is really surprising to me is that I couldn't help myself but to root for Old Man football this year, even hating Kansas St fans as much as I do.  Never would have expected that. 

I dont know about everyone els but we havent been in the big 10 all that long to.develop.hatred however I am starting to love.when wisconsin loses. Something about.their players that piss me off. They are.just.so gritty. Especially.that jake.berrgeran kid. Cant stand him.

LOL.

When Creighton played Wisconsin in Vegas earlier this year, fans were referring to Berrgren as "Frankenstein".  His movements are so stiff and his face so gaunt, I thought it was pretty fitting.  B)

I dont know about everyone els but we havent been in the big 10 all that long to.develop.hatred however I am starting to love.when wisconsin loses. Something about.their players that piss me off. They are.just.so gritty. Especially.that jake.berrgeran kid. Cant stand him.

LOL.

When Creighton played Wisconsin in Vegas earlier this year, fans were referring to Berrgren as "Frankenstein". His movements are so stiff and his face so gaunt, I thought it was pretty fitting. B)

As  KU guy, I still follow them but my old Big 12 interest is definitely waning as the years go by and I am now more interested in the Big10 which I always thought was boring. I also lament the passing of the regional rivalries which really lent a flavor to college athletics. And now I see they plan to re realign the Big 10 for the two new teams. So, are we supposed to develop some sort of animosity for Rutgers for trying to steal Danny Nee, or what?