I know we don't play them anymore, well

colhusker

unless we meet them in the tournament down the line, but I got to ask.  Is it wrong for me to be almost giddy watching co-workers in melt down mode after Missouri's loss to LSU?

And yes I realize they will make the field of 64 this year and we won't not the point!  :)

Not at all.

I watched the end of the Kansas St. vs Texas basketball game with the entire stadium chanting "we own Texas"

It made me think

1. K-State fans are still classy
  2. I enjoy seeing Texas lose at everything

Actually, I'm glad I'm finally interested in B1G basketball. I'm going to go somewhere after the Huskers play on Saturday and watch the Indiana vs Michigan game.

unless we meet them in the tournament down the line, but I got to ask.  Is it wrong for me to be almost giddy watching co-workers in melt down mode after Missouri's loss to LSU?

And yes I realize they will make the field of 64 this year and we won't not the point!  :)

I was all set to reply after the first post...but Dimes hit it on the head. I will always enjoy seeing Texas lose in anything...but I felt that way from years of viewing them at the CWS, way before we had to endure the insufferable alliance.

I'm the same way with Creighton. I enjoy seeing them lose. Not that we have anything to get too excited about since as been pointed out we aren't going to the dance...and they have beat us more times than not in the past few years. Guess I'm just grateful we don't have to deal with Creighton fans during the football season...oh wait...yes we do.  They go undercover as a fan of the Huskers.

I'm the same way with Creighton. I enjoy seeing them lose. Not that we have anything to get too excited about since as been pointed out we aren't going to the dance...and they have beat us more times than not in the past few years. Guess I'm just grateful we don't have to deal with Creighton fans during the football season...oh wait...yes we do.  They go undercover as a fan of the Huskers.

So true...so true. I relish in delight when Creighton loses.  I teach at a school in Omaha...suberb of Omaha, and I absolutely rip on the Jays to my co-workers and students.  Big Jay fans where I teach....makes me sick

It is TERRIBLY wrong.  And you should be ashamed of yourself.  As your penance, I suggest you do the "I am very sorry" dance* in front of your co-workers today.

*  FYI:  The "I am very sorry dance" is quite similar to, and almost indistinguishable from, the happy dance.

Kinda looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXy72PByQU

This thread reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier, related to the same thing...

Back in 2011, when we first started competing in the Big Ten I remember that when I wasn't watching the Huskers play, I generally preferred to watch games involving Big 12 teams over anything else.  Mostly force of habit I guess.  I knew it was going to take a while, it was just difficult for me to get into watching a Michigan State vs. Illinois football game or a Wisconsin vs. Penn State basketball game for example.  I always preferred even a bad Big 12 game to all but the biggest non-Husker B1G game.

Fast forward to this year and I can tell you that suddenly I am all in on the B1G.  Now, Purdue vs. Iowa is a big deal to me.  Now I feel compelled to watch that Northwestern vs. Minnesota football game.  It matters.  I'm surprised that I made the transition so quickly, but I'm glad I did.  I was wondering what others' experiences has been on this front.

Also, apropos of the OP in this thread, I root strongly AGAINST Missouri and Colorado still to this day in all sports.  I find myself pulling FOR Kansas State in football now (oddly enough) and Kansas and Iowa State in basketball (not as much of a surprise).  I was even rooting for Texas A&M in football last season.  But to me that's all more or less a diversion.  Most importantly, I pay the closest attention to the B1G.

This thread reminds me of something I was thinking about earlier, related to the same thing...

Back in 2011, when we first started competing in the Big Ten I remember that when I wasn't watching the Huskers play, I generally preferred to watch games involving Big 12 teams over anything else.  Mostly force of habit I guess.  I knew it was going to take a while, it was just difficult for me to get into watching a Michigan State vs. Illinois football game or a Wisconsin vs. Penn State basketball game for example.  I always preferred even a bad Big 12 game to all but the biggest non-Husker B1G game.

Fast forward to this year and I can tell you that suddenly I am all in on the B1G.  Now, Purdue vs. Iowa is a big deal to me.  Now I feel compelled to watch that Northwestern vs. Minnesota football game.  It matters.  I'm surprised that I made the transition so quickly, but I'm glad I did.  I was wondering what others' experiences has been on this front.

Also, apropos of the OP in this thread, I root strongly AGAINST Missouri and Colorado still to this day in all sports.  I find myself pulling FOR Kansas State in football now (oddly enough) and Kansas and Iowa State in basketball (not as much of a surprise).  I was even rooting for Texas A&M in football last season.  But to me that's all more or less a diversion.  Most importantly, I pay the closest attention to the B1G.

The only Big 12 school I pay any attention to (either positive or negative) is K-State, and that's just because I want them to lose every game they play.  Living in Cat Country sucks when they're good.  I hate that school.  All the other Big 12 schools?  I could care less one way or the other.

I'm the same way. I still am not all in on the B1G but I'm turning the corner.

The only Big 12 school I pay any attention to (either positive or negative) is K-State, and that's just because I want them to lose every game they play.  Living in Cat Country sucks when they're good.  I hate that school.  All the other Big 12 schools?  I could care less one way or the other.

astkooc, they're mad down in Cat'ville that we ditched them for the B1G.  I was in Manhattan sometime last year and some guy flipped me off just for being from Nebraska.  I was at a convenience store and this guy seriously said something like "F--- off Husker (something)."  I didn't say anything back to him but I must have had this look of astonishment on my face and the lady getting into her car next to me -- middle-aged gal -- just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, you ARE from Nebraska." 

As though I deserved to be treated like that just because I had a Nebraska license plate.  I got outta there and left that place just as quick as I could.  Mind you, this was well after we left the Big 12.  It wasn't a game day.  IIRC it wasn't even football season.  I was just like "wow, you people."  I thought Husker fans were intense.

astkooc, they're mad down in Cat'ville that we ditched them for the B1G.  I was in Manhattan sometime last year and some guy flipped me off just for being from Nebraska.  I was at a convenience store and this guy seriously said something like "F--- off Husker (something)."  I didn't say anything back to him but I must have had this look of astonishment on my face and the lady getting into her car next to me -- middle-aged gal -- just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, you ARE from Nebraska." 

As though I deserved to be treated like that just because I had a Nebraska license plate.  I got outta there and left that place just as quick as I could.  Mind you, this was well after we left the Big 12.  It wasn't a game day.  IIRC it wasn't even football season.  I was just like "wow, you people."  I thought Husker fans were intense.

Yup.

I love to see all of the Texas schools lose. In anything but especially the Longhorns.

I got the blessing of Colorado joining the PAC-12 so I got to see them play UA here in Tucson and the only thing sweeter than them losing in hoops was them losing to a top 10 UA team on a questionable call (game winning buzzer beater disallowed). I know that just burns them up.

Nighthawk the Jayskers at the football game are the ones in red sweater vests and not happy with Bo's sideline behavior.

Even though I saw Dana do just about as much and remember Tony B. drop a f bomb on live t.v. back in the day. :rolleyes:

Also I agree about the big 10, I feel like we have gone to a better place. :)

I was actually pulling for all the big 10 teams in their bowl games, can't say that about the old league.

Guess we haven't been at the party long enough for others to start hating on us yet. B)

I kinda like watching Kansas play.  I've got a soft spot for Allen Fieldhouse...

I'll take any criticism that is required after that statement...

I've always liked watching KU play ball (other than when they're kicking the crap out of the Huskers).  I don't follow them, but if one of their games is on I'll watch a few minutes (I realize this somewhat contradicts my previous post...but it makes sense to me).

I always wanted to see a game there, but I've never had the chance.

I did really like KU for years.

But that like turned after Roy left. :(

Their fans changed too, they used to be nice when they kicked the crap out of you, but now, not so much. :angry:

Got into it with a bunch of KU fans the last few years at the Bob.

Course when you sit in the cheap seats like I do, you don't get the high rollers as often. B)

I kinda like watching Kansas play.  I've got a soft spot for Allen Fieldhouse...

I've always liked watching KU play ball (other than when they're kicking the crap out of the Huskers).  I don't follow them, but if one of their games is on I'll watch a few minutes (I realize this somewhat contradicts my previous post...but it makes sense to me).

I always wanted to see a game there, but I've never had the chance.

They still play games there, you could make a special trip without any reservations about cheating on the Huskers anymore.  ;)

Take away that crappy ass chant at the end of a KU win and they are for the most part ok folks.  It is the purple puddy cats that have envy.