uneblinstu's post game chatter: ed 5, vol 21 - Minnesota

uneblinstu

- Wow, what a truly dreadful start.

- Offensive rebounding, turnovers.  GAH!  Huskers just getting killed on the boards.

- We had to know Minnesota was going play desperately tonight, right?  And yet we're not ready to answer the bell, again?

- I was afraid Williams would get right tonight.  In the first half he certainly did.  Let him get a couple early ones and his confidence got rolling.

- I thought Ray was going to set the record for points in a half there.  Came 4 points short.

- 9 first half tournovers is way too many.  Seemed like they got dunks on about half of them.

- Full court pressure really caused NU fits.  Would love to see NU do more of this in the future.

- Nice to see Shavon get back in the saddle a bit.

- Really rough stretch for NU before the first media time out in the second half. Foul on the missed free throw, foul on the three, ten second call.  Ugh.

- Minnesota's athletes just too much for the Huskers tonight. Sped up NU and forced them to make decisions more quickly than they wanted to, beat them to spots consistently.

- This wasn't an effort loss, tonight, to me.  It was a Minnesota is better than NU, at home, in desperate need of a win.  I thought NU, if anything may have tried to do too much at times.

- Both Williams and Gallegos slowed down considerably in the 2nd half.  Minnesota has more options to replace Williams than NU does Gallegos.

- Not the best game ever for David Rivers.

- This was just a terrible matchup for the Huskers, not built for teams like this right now.  I think they will be in the future, but not right now.

This post has been promoted to an article

Some players...good

Some players...bad

Some players...sorry, didn't "show up" to play a Big Ten Game

Rebounding...very bad

Our offense...without Ray, below average, with Ray, above average

Defense...very bad.

Game plan...had holes...but it may have been our sloth like movement.

Ball handling...well below average

Can't argue with your assessment of the game.  Other than Gallegos shooting and a few flashes from Shields, not much else went right.  Rivers and Parker both played horrible and Talley's decison making is still not good.  This game certainly exposed the talent level on this team if far below the upper tier of the Big 10.  I don't blame Miles or the players as it is what it is at this point.  I know better days are ahead. 

One last point that probably frustrated me the most is the team didn't look for Gallegos at all to start the 2nd half.  You have to feed the hot player and ride the shooting streak as long as you can.  It wouldn't have changed the outcome but would have at least made it a more competitive game and a closer margain.

Random thought for the morning. I thought I saw a game earlier in the year with Tubby sporting a grey mustache. Was that a dream. And if it was a dream, what does it say about my mental state? Where is Carl Jung when you need him.? And does Carl know how to block anyone out?

https://twitter.com/tubbysmustache

Apparently he participated in "Movember" this year and just decided to keep the mustache because they were winning.  Until just a few days ago, that is.  I suppose the 4-game losing streak caused him to shave it off.

It's almost sad that Ray shot this well in a game that we lost by ~ 20 points.

If Ray shoots like this against either Purdue or Wisconsin, then we have another B1G win in the record book.

It'll be frustrating if Ray lays an egg at home against Iowa.

If one of your guys is going to get hot, you almost want him to get hot during a game where you actually have a chance to win, yeah?