Jordy Gone

16 hours ago, nustudent said:

Borchardt was just as effective as Jordy at times.   He's not skilled.   In that, you are right.   But unlike Jordy, he knew and embraced his role more.  I'd have hardly called Jordy a NY strip.   More like an uncooked sirloin.

Rump roast. You can make it taste great but it takes time and patients otherwise it taste like crap and has a funny texture.

We don’t need Tanner or Brady to be Aleks Maric, if we could get one of them to be at a Brandon Ubel like level for 8-15 minutes a game that would be great. While Baptiste might be the best available big, I’m not sure how helpful he can be if he’s here in December. I don’t know if he’ll be allowe to practice with Nebraska if he’s completing course work for Vandy. Hopefully there’s someone in the Juco or International ranks we can find. Bench is our biggest question mark moving forward.

43 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

We don’t need Tanner or Brady to be Aleks Maric, if we could get one of them to be at a Brandon Ubel like level for 8-15 minutes a game that would be great. While Baptiste might be the best available big, I’m not sure how helpful he can be if he’s here in December. I don’t know if he’ll be allowe to practice with Nebraska if he’s completing course work for Vandy. Hopefully there’s someone in the Juco or International ranks we can find. Bench is our biggest question mark moving forward.

Let us explore this question - if Isaac gets injured in the third game of the season and is lost for two to three weeks; are we comfortable enough with our front court depth to keep us afloat for that period of time, knowing that it will be those games that could make or break our NCAA Tournament chances?

12 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Rump roast. You can make it taste great but it takes time and patients otherwise it taste like crap and has a funny texture.

Like human patients?  I think that would probably make it taste like crap 100% of the time...strictly IMO of course.

Edited by dskurz

3 hours ago, rwhiston said:

If we had The real Brandon Ubel I think he would play more than that. 

On 7/20/2018 at 6:28 AM, huskerbaseball13 said:

1.  I feel bad for Roby who will have to play the majority of the minutes at the 5. Have to wonder how that will effect his NBA prospects. 2. Miles failures in regards to recruiting bigs continues to be a black eye for him.  3.  Jordy was/is a mediocre basketball player up to this point who was likely going to be just another warm body to eat minutes this year.  But still a tough blow as we are now razor thin down low. Probably would have been a good idea to use all of the available scholarships for once. 

Nba centers are looking more like Roby than Jordy nowadays. I really don't think this affects his role or his nba prospects at all because he will still be used in the same ways offensively. 

Also, this has been said, I don't think Miles is going to be recruiting typical bigs. Better to have someone who can space the floor for guys like Palmer Jr. to attack.