Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kldm64

Successful Season

Successful season?  

101 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your defination of success for 2018-19 season

    • Just make the NCAA tournament
      43
    • Need to win at least 1 game in NCAA tournament
      49
    • Need to win at least 2 games in NCAA tournament
      8
    • Win the Big 10 regular season conference title
      0
    • Win the Big 10 conference tournament title
      0
    • Set the school record for most wins in a season
      1


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, big red22 said:

I am 38 years old and I am plenty old enough to remember those groups.  Piatkowski was my all time favorite as a kid, and was the player that got me hooked on the husker bball.

 

We have never had players with the skill set of Roby and Copeland together on the same court (Minus last year of course).  Now they have a season of basketball under their belt, and I just don't think timing has ever been this good.  

 

All I can say is it is asinine to think it would be acceptable for this team to "NOT" make the NCAA tournament.  The only way this team gets a pass not making the dance is if they have a season similar to Minnesota this past year (Just knocked on wood)

 

Respectfully disagree with your middle paragraph.   Agree with your last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuskerBB said:

 

Respectfully disagree with your middle paragraph.   Agree with your last one.

Please list the two 6'8+ players with a better skill set Roby and Copeland?  I am being honest when I say I have never seen two Nebraska Bigs with the athletic ability, shooting touch and ball handling skills as they have.  You are being a homer if you think otherwise

 

The closest you are going to find is Tony Farmer and Carl Hayes in 90-91, and neither of them could shoot the 3

 

3pt Shooting

 

Carl Hayes (90-91) = 1-12

Tony Farmer (90-91) = 7-30

 

Isaac Copeland (17-18) = 41-111

Isaiah Roby (17-18) = 17-42

 

Sorry, but it is not even in the same ball park!

 

Overall Shooting

 

Carl Hayes (90-91) = 192-390 49.2%

Tony Farmer (90-91) = 138-287 48.1%

 

Isaac Copeland (17-18) = 159-337 47.2%

Isaiah Roby (17-18) = 95-168  56.5%

 

Closer, but Hayes and Farmers obviously took more 2pt shots

 

Copeland and Roby are just more versatile, and I think you are a historian to think it is even close.

 

By the way... I said this multiple times ROBY NEEDS TO SHOOT MORE!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EDIT... Take away the 3pt shots and Copeland and Roby's percentage go WAY up!

 

Copeland = 118-226 52.2%

Roby = 78-126 61.9%

 

Also...

 

Farmer - 283 points on 287 shots (.986 pts per shot attempt)

Hayes - 385 pts on 390 shots (.987 pts per shot attempt)

 

Roby - 207 pts on 168 shots (1.23 pts per shot attempt)

Copeland -  359 pts on 337 shots (1.06 pts per shot attempt)

 

Edited by big red22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copeland and Roby have the most diverse skill set of 2 front court players 6’8” and above I have watched playing at Nebraska.  Roby’s Ceiling is just ridiculous.  I want to see them take the next step and turn it into consistent production.

 

If I had to pick two players 6’8” and above to build a team around I would pick Mikki Moore and Venson Hamilton, though.  You would lose perimeter scoring but having the top 2 shot blockers in school history protecting the rim is a beautiful thing (not to mention the best rebounder in school history).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big red22 said:

Please list the two 6'8+ players with a better skill set Roby and Copeland?  I am being honest when I say I have never seen two Nebraska Bigs with the athletic ability, shooting touch and ball handling skills as they have.  You are being a homer if you think otherwise

 

The closest you are going to find is Tony Farmer and Carl Hayes in 90-91, and neither of them could shoot the 3

 

3pt Shooting

 

Carl Hayes (90-91) = 1-12

Tony Farmer (90-91) = 7-30

 

Isaac Copeland (17-18) = 41-111

Isaiah Roby (17-18) = 17-42

 

Sorry, but it is not even in the same ball park!

 

Overall Shooting

 

Carl Hayes (90-91) = 192-390 49.2%

Tony Farmer (90-91) = 138-287 48.1%

 

Isaac Copeland (17-18) = 159-337 47.2%

Isaiah Roby (17-18) = 95-168  56.5%

 

Closer, but Hayes and Farmers obviously took more 2pt shots

 

Copeland and Roby are just more versatile, and I think you are a historian to think it is even close.

 

By the way... I said this multiple times ROBY NEEDS TO SHOOT MORE!!!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EDIT... Take away the 3pt shots and Copeland and Roby's percentage go WAY up!

 

Copeland = 118-226 52.2%

Roby = 78-126 61.9%

 

Also...

 

Farmer - 283 points on 287 shots (.986 pts per shot attempt)

Hayes - 385 pts on 390 shots (.987 pts per shot attempt)

 

Roby - 207 pts on 168 shots (1.23 pts per shot attempt)

Copeland -  359 pts on 337 shots (1.06 pts per shot attempt)

 

 

If Roby, with everything he now can do, also had Carl Hayes' abilities to score from 17 feet and in, he would be a lottery pick and be destined to appear in several NBA All-Star games.

 

Similarly if Copeland was as good at rebounding, interior defense, and scoring in the post as Tony Farmer, he'd be a first round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, busticket said:

Copeland and Roby have the most diverse skill set of 2 front court players 6’8” and above I have watched playing at Nebraska.  Roby’s Ceiling is just ridiculous.  I want to see them take the next step and turn it into consistent production.

 

If I had to pick two players 6’8” and above to build a team around I would pick Mikki Moore and Venson Hamilton, though.  You would lose perimeter scoring but having the top 2 shot blockers in school history protecting the rim is a beautiful thing (not to mention the best rebounder in school history).  

95-96 and 96-97 have the best arguments against this years team to be the "Best Nebraska Team" to ever grace the court.  95-96 was sick and probably has the best argument, but you also have to remember Lue and Hamilton were freshman

 

96-97 - Cookie Belcher (FR), Venson Hamilton (SO), Mikki Moore (SR) and Tyrone Lue (SO)

 

95-96 - Jaron Boone (SR) , Erick Stiickland (SR), Venson Hamilton (FR) , Mikki Moore (JR) and Tyrone Lue (FR)

 

2018-19 - Palmer (SR), Copeland (SR), Watson (SR), Roby (JR)... Jury is still out on Allen and Jordy's potential

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUT... You have to remember Carl Hayes's nickname was 'Sco which was slang for "Score", and Tony Farmer played in the NBA for the Golden St. Warriors... ( SO, somewhat tongue in cheek)  let's pump the brakes before we get too jazzed up about how things look on paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×