108 members have voted

1. 1. What is your defination of success for 2018-19 season

• Just make the NCAA tournament
    • Need to win at least 1 game in NCAA tournament
    • Need to win at least 2 games in NCAA tournament
    • Win the Big 10 regular season conference title
    • Win the Big 10 conference tournament title
    • Set the school record for most wins in a season

When looking at the season... I think we put to much emphasis on the NCAA tourney and not enough on the regular season.

The regular season is a grind and winning a conference title or finishing in the top 2 or 3 is to me far more impressive than getting to the sweet sixteen or elite 8....(those are just 2 and 3 game winning streaks in the grand scheme of things).

i wish that college basketball pundits, fans, etc paid more attention to accomplishments in the regular season...

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

Making the NCAA tourney and winning a game is the definition of a successful season for this program. Anything more than that is gravy (that I'd also gladly take).

I can recall many seasons that I would categorize as "successful" that don't meet this criteria.

We probably shouldn't label "success" solely as something that has never been accomplished before.

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I can recall many seasons that I would categorize as "successful" that don't meet this criteria.

We probably shouldn't label "success" solely as something that has never been accomplished before.

If we weren't returning as much as we are...

Making the tournament is the bare minimum next year. 

5 of the 6 choices provided in the poll would constitute the greatest season in program history.  That seems to be a giant flaw in this poll, since a season shouldn't have to be the best ever to be considered a success.  

• Just make the NCAA tournament - IMO this is the minimum benchmark for a successful season.  Got my vote.
  • Need to win at least 1 game in NCAA tournament - if this happens, it makes this the best season we've ever had
  • Need to win at least 2 games in NCAA tournament - this would constitute the greatest Nebrasketball season by a wide margin
  • Win the Big 10 regular season conference title - ditto
  • Win the Big 10 conference tournament title - this one's close, but I'd put a B1G tourney title over an old Big 8 title.  So again, would likely make it our best season ever
  • Set the school record for most wins in a season - most = greatest in an over-simplified way

Dont' think we will win 26 games or anything like 90-91 but we dont necessarily need too.   Id say to define it as a success....NCAA.   Anything less is a miserable failure and we should be coach shopping.

Any type of win in the NCAA, makes this our greatest season ever....that's always a hard bottom line to have but its hard not to have that as the definition of a successful season right now

23 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

How many of those seasons had a roster as talented as this one tho?

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Danny has several teams that would be considered at least as talented as this one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree... Nebraska has never had 3 potential NBA players on a single roster

EVER!

Edit: And 3 more that have the skill to play professionally... just not in the NBA

Edited by big red22

36 minutes ago, big red22 said:

I disagree... Nebraska has never had 3 potential NBA players on a single roster

EVER!

Edit: And 3 more that have the skill to play professionally... just not in the NBA

1990-91: Tony Farmer, Rich King, Eric Piatkowski

1993-94: Eric Piatkowski, Eric Strickland, Mikki Moore

1995-96: Tryon Lue, Eric Strickland, Mikki Moore

Edited by Dean Smith

1 minute ago, Dean Smith said:

1995-96: Tryon Lue, Eric Strickland, Mikki Moore

Hence the edit

They did not have a Glynn Watson to go along with them.  Also Allen and Tshimanga have potential to excel beyond College... Need work though

Also Roby, Palmer and Cope are Jr., Sr. and Sr.

Lue was a Freshman when Strickland was a Senior and Moore was a Junior

So with that logic you could say in 2014-15 we had 3 too with

Webster, Petteway and Shields. 

Face the facts people this team is the best we have ever put on the court!