Big Ten has 8 Players Selected in the 2018 NBA Draft

49r

33 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

The only thing worse than Lebron to the Lakers is Mo "F'n" Wagner...

You know what though?  If I can look past the whole Michigan thing, he's actually exactly the kind of guy you want on your team.  What he did after they won that buzzer beater in the round of 32 against Houston?  Pure class.  Sorry about the quality of the video but it's the only one I could find right now:

That display of sportsmanship made me a big fan.  But Michigan can go suck rocks!

1 hour ago, 49r said:

You know what though?  If I can look past the whole Michigan thing, he's actually exactly the kind of guy you want on your team.  What he did after they won that buzzer beater in the round of 32 against Houston?  Pure class.  Sorry about the quality of the video but it's the only one I could find right now:

That display of sportsmanship made me a big fan.  But Michigan can go suck rocks!

He does have a good side, just Bad Mo came out far to often.

Justin Jackson, bates-diop, Carr all landed in pretty good spots but likely left some money on the table by not coming back for another year.

nice to see our guys got good information and will hopefully make the most outta it because palmer n cope woulda went undrafted for sure it looks like. 

It will be so crazy if next year at this time time we are talking about 3 huskers being drafted or even making nba teams, would be great for recruiting 

58 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

...Duke had five players drafted, correct?  If correct, Coach K must be a terrible coach, given the level of talent he had.?

There is some truth to that.

I had a discussion with some high school football coaches after the Dowling Catholic coach got coach of the year for going undefeated and winning the state title in Iowa....He won the title, but I said "I bet there is a coach in Iowa that went 4-5 that did a better job of coaching than the Dowling coach....Dowling had the better record, but also had the best players in the state....if the award is for best season, yeah give it to him....but just because you have a great record, doesn't mean you are the best coach."

11 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Justin Jackson, bates-diop, Carr all landed in pretty good spots but likely left some money on the table by not coming back for another year.

nice to see our guys got good information and will hopefully make the most outta it because palmer n cope woulda went undrafted for sure it looks like. 

It will be so crazy if next year at this time time we are talking about 3 huskers being drafted or even making nba teams, would be great for recruiting 

Pretty sure there were no players taken who were 5-year guys like Palmer or Cope will be next year. It probably was this year or nothing in terms of them getting drafted.

5 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

There is some truth to that.

I had a discussion with some high school football coaches after the Dowling Catholic coach got coach of the year for going undefeated and winning the state title in Iowa....He won the title, but I said "I bet there is a coach in Iowa that went 4-5 that did a better job of coaching than the Dowling coach....Dowling had the better record, but also had the best players in the state....if the award is for best season, yeah give it to him....but just because you have a great record, doesn't mean you are the best coach."

This is as spot on as it gets.  

15 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Pretty sure there were no players taken who were 5-year guys like Palmer or Cope will be next year. It probably was this year or nothing in terms of them getting drafted.

I think Palmer has a chance to put himself in the mix if he improves his shooting significantly. I don't think Copeland has any shot. Roby is still probably the best NBA prospect on the team.

For guys that finish 4 years of eligibility, I think that Malcom Brogdon of Virginia and Milwaukee is a good example of what drafting a polished college player can look like.  

He was a second round pick of the Bucks, won Rookie of the year and is a solid contributor for the Bucks.

As a Bucks fan, I like when they draft players that have the ability to play right away...because conversely they drafted Thon Maker in the first round of the same draft...Thon has much more upside....It looks like Thon will develop into a good player...but my guess is the Bucks will have to decide if they want to pay him before he fully develops...These young players have more upside, but many of them don't show it until they are 22 or 23 years old...which puts them a the end of their rookie contract.

Drafting a guy like Palmer, you know what you are getting and you get his full rookie contract of production at a level that is at your expectation....while a high upside guy...most times you get little production until the end of the rookie contract.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:30 PM, 49r said:

Just about had that game out of my mind but it is the gift that keeps on giving.  I still cannot believe what happened in the last three seconds.  

On 6/22/2018 at 10:11 PM, B-town hoopsfan said:

Far too early to tell and that simply may not be true.  If they succeed they get to the far more lucrative contract a year younger(which can help get said lucrative contract). If they got hurt bad next year it is s gain as well.  

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, 49r said:

I'm happier with the KU kid they picked up, that ALSO beat us... rat farts