OT: Going to the Hospital

Total clickbait, but now that you're here they just announced that the CLink will now be renamed as the "CHI Health Center Omaha." I guess for $23.6M you can call it whatever you want.

https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/health/so-long-centurylink-center-omaha-arena-to-be-renamed-in/article_6dd7ef51-d7c1-5e39-a284-cf3ca50f7deb.html

I don't know about you, but I'd rather go to the bank instead of the hospital. It's time to lock things down on home court next season and beat these ailing Bluejays.

48 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Total clickbait, but now that you're here they just announced that the CLink will now be renamed as the "CHI Health Center Omaha." I guess for $23.6M you can call it whatever you want.

https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/health/so-long-centurylink-center-omaha-arena-to-be-renamed-in/article_6dd7ef51-d7c1-5e39-a284-cf3ca50f7deb.html

I don't know about you, but I'd rather go to the bank instead of the hospital. It's time to lock things down on home court next season and beat these ailing Bluejays.

It is quite a mouthful, isn't it?

Given the upward trajectory of health care costs, it definitely sends a wrong message when hospitals decide to spend $20M+ to plaster their name on the side of a building.  Kinda burns my biscuits even though I know that amount is basically a rounding error in their annual budget.

2 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Well, I am planning on winning several hundred million in a lottery drawing, buying the Chico or whatever the hell its called, and then canceling Creighton's contract and letting UNO play there instead.

Either that, or you buy out the naming rights and call it the "Shim Shams Arena" and write it in the contract that they get first rights to all halftime entertainment, including all concerts and events.

8 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Given the upward trajectory of health care costs, it definitely sends a wrong message when hospitals decide to spend $20M+ to plaster their name on the side of a building.  Kinda burns my biscuits even though I know that amount is basically a rounding error in their annual budget.

And they're a non-profit, at that.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

I don't care what name is on the arena, how much money did the arena get for the sponsorship?  I'll guarantee you the Dinsdales didn't pony up 1 million plus per year to put their name on the arena in Lincoln.  Good for MECA and the city of Omaha.  Making money...

Is Conley's going to be up for naming rights when the Bank is up for bid? :D

15 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Either that, or you buy out the naming rights and call it the "Shim Shams Arena" and write it in the contract that they get first rights to all halftime entertainment, including all concerts and events.

You, Sir, are an evil genius.

1 hour ago, cipsucks said:

Speaking of the Beatles, my nephew just sent me a link to the best 24 minutes I've spent online for years.  Not trying to hijack a thread, I just didn't want to start another one.  Beatles fans will love this one.  

Shared this a day or two ago on Facebook.  This is absolutely terrific.