Isabelle Bourne 2019

Bugeaters1

That's been known for a while....so maybe old news ?   Coach Amy will now have mostly all her own recruits/players.

We  "talked" about the roster some before....

After this 17-18 year we lose 2 more, so will be 6 short roster wise...but....we have at least 2 coming, and sounds like maybe 2 more commits in the mill for 18-19.

Will lose 3 more the following year (Hanna, Nicea, Grace)....so we'll need 4 or so every year for a while to sort of keep a (near) full roster. Coach does play lots people, so the more the merrier. 

I like that she plays all of the bench. Keeps the licker room noise down. And she has proven that playing the whole roster works. It sure would have been nice to hear the two guys that bitched about coach playing the whole te a m two years. Have to eat those words last year. I moved away from those asses. And it is a very pleasant atmosphere where I'm at now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Nice article on "Issie" in the OWH today.   In the category of "small world", interesting to see a connection to Kelsey Griffin.  Looking forward to this young lady. taking the 

court in a Husker uniform.   Happy 4th of July all. 

Happy Independence Day to you and everyone here!!  ?

Edited by mwm89

1 hour ago, 12dozen said:

Thanks for the link Bugeaters.  Wasn't quite sure how to post it. 

If that link doesn't work try this one. It is the same article from OWH, only through the Scottsbluff newspaper.

https://www.starherald.com/sports/big_red_wrap/womens_basketball/husker-women-s-basketball-commit-isabelle-bourne-aided-by-high/article_0b25cd46-e994-598d-a01b-5061ba9f7a18.html

11 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

If that link doesn't work try this one. It is the same article from OWH, only through the Scottsbluff newspaper.

https://www.starherald.com/sports/big_red_wrap/womens_basketball/husker-women-s-basketball-commit-isabelle-bourne-aided-by-high/article_0b25cd46-e994-598d-a01b-5061ba9f7a18.html

This is one recruit I'm really can't wait to see until she gets here.  She has experience like we've seen very little of...before. The B1G may still be formidable, but she'll have a head start for sure.

BIG THANKS to Kelsey !  (may have been a little Griffin recruiting behind the scenes)

“I am beyond excited for both Issie and Nebraska Women’s Basketball!” Griffin posted on Twitter when Bourne committed. “I’ve been able to train with Issie and she’s talented, works hard, but above all else is a great person!”

If Bourne’s anything close to Griffin — who had her Husker jersey retired in 2014 — Nebraska will be getting a steal.

Edited by redsteve