Luke McCaffery QB commits to Nebraska

trickey

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

2019.  Hope he can live up to his family history.  He could be a good one.

Well, if you are a fan of genetics, his father Ed, who is now the head coach at Valor Christian, played at Stanford and won Super Bowls with the Denver Broncos. His brother Christian played at Stanford, was 2nd in the 2015 Heisman voting, and now is in the NFL with the Carolina Panthers, and his older brother Max played at Duke and ended up with the San Francisco 49ers. His brother Dylan is a quarterback at Michigan. 

If you are a fan of what other schools wanted him, he chose the Huskers over scholarship offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Colorado, Washington, UCLA, North Carolina and Ole Miss among others.

Seems like a great get!

#1 recruit in the state of Colorado, but according to salty Buff fans he's buried on his own high schools' depth chart at QB behind a kid who will be going to CU in the fall to play QB and another CU QB commit for this upcoming season.  Plus his dad is his HS coach.  So he must not be very good.  Here's an example of how little they think of him out there:

I think I’d feel better about it if Luke was always Frost’s #1 target at QB. Whiffing on a bunch of QBs and then having to settle on a recruit who only has 1 QB offer feels like more of Mike Riley. It’s identical to Keyshawn Johnson Jr, where the recruiting sites admit that they don’t see 4* talent, but the hope is that the name recognition helps peer recruit like a 4* would.

We will see tho, certainly a position you can trust Nebraska to evaluate. I just expected them to start winning big time recruiting battles but maybe that will take winning on the field.

Or the Buff fans are just haters making stuff up, I don't know.  I didn't bother to check their claims.

Kind of as an aside, you should see the football coaching staff at his high school:  https://govalor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Meet_the_Coaches.pdf

On 6/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, 49r said:

#1 recruit in the state of Colorado, but according to salty Buff fans he's buried on his own high schools' depth chart at QB behind a kid who will be going to CU in the fall to play QB and another CU QB commit for this upcoming season.  Plus his dad is his HS coach.  So he must not be very good.  Here's an example of how little they think of him out there:

Or the Buff fans are just haters making stuff up, I don't know.  I didn't bother to check their claims.

Kind of as an aside, you should see the football coaching staff at his high school:  https://govalor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Meet_the_Coaches.pdf

Wow! that is some lineup of coaches.

How does a high school get 18 football coaches? Much less have 10 that played in the NFL?