Sign in to follow this  
B-town hoopsfan

18-19 depth

40 minutes ago, khoock said:

Always wondered why our guys dont participate 

IIRC, Doc stopped them going because of risk of injury, although it was right after a competitive game featuring a number of NU players against a bunch of Creighton players that Creighton won. The timing seemed more like he didn't want bragging rights to extend to summertime. Don't know that, just speculation.

The thing is, though, they no longer allow more than 2 players per team from one school so seems like it would be good to have our guys show up. NU and CU players could even be on the same team. I try to catch some games every year, and they're fun to watch. Dourisseau, Wilkinson and some other former Huskers play. 

21 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

IIRC, Doc stopped them going because of risk of injury, although it was right after a competitive game featuring a number of NU players against a bunch of Creighton players that Creighton won. The timing seemed more like he didn't want bragging rights to extend to summertime. Don't know that, just speculation.

The thing is, though, they no longer allow more than 2 players per team from one school so seems like it would be good to have our guys show up. NU and CU players could even be on the same team. I try to catch some games every year, and they're fun to watch. Dourisseau, Wilkinson and some other former Huskers play. 

Oh, you mean the game where Creighton alumnus, all-around asshole, and part-time pugilist Joe Dabbert tried to start a fight with Shang Ping?

Yeah, I don't think the issue was "bragging rights."