NBA combine starts today

The NBA combine starts today and Palmer Copeland and Roby who had declared awhile back that they would test the waters with the nba draft process but not hire an agent , are not on the list of players attending the combine.   Apparently none of them were invited?  Does that mean they are all back for next year ?

Not necessarily. We've lost players due to international leagues picking them up, some players just quitting basketball all together, one player leaving in June/July to go not make the NCAA tournament at another school, or one player who just wanted to start his own mobile application company. Who knows what can happen between now and November.

Also these three Huskers openly declared their desire to go to the combine and test the draft process.    That must have  meant they thought they would be invited? I’m hoping they are all coming back now that their stock wasn’t as high as they thought.  I would think a great year for the Huskers next year could   send their stock higher and get them invited to the combine next year.  

11 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

they'll be back. palmer has only has 1 season as a starter under his belt. I don't think copeland is ready to settle for a european career. remember that he was a top 25 recruit. 

I hope they both are back as well but not sure it will be because of your logic.  Freshman only have 1 season as a starter under their belt as well and Palmer has way more experience so not sure that is a factor.  How do you know if Copeland wants to start earning a paycheck overseas yet?  He has graduated and most likely another year of college basketball isn't going to change his NBA stock so he had to decide if he wants to pay for grad classes and stay another year or not.  Not an easy decision. 

I hope we get them both back but won't know for sure until a few more weeks as this might go down till the last day.  If they come back, it might cause some other players to transfer.  Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

He has graduated and most likely another year of college basketball isn't going to change his NBA stock so he had to decide if he wants to pay for grad classes and stay another year or not.  Not an easy decision. 

He also has the most flexibility of his college career to transfer somewhere else as well. I don't see that happening in this particular situation, but it's still only May so it's not entirely out of question.

8 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I hope they both are back as well but not sure it will be because of your logic.  Freshman only have 1 season as a starter under their belt as well and Palmer has way more experience so not sure that is a factor.  How do you know if Copeland wants to start earning a paycheck overseas yet?  He has graduated and most likely another year of college basketball isn't going to change his NBA stock so he had to decide if he wants to pay for grad classes and stay another year or not.  Not an easy decision. 

I hope we get them both back but won't know for sure until a few more weeks as this might go down till the last day.  If they come back, it might cause some other players to transfer.  Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

You have to foot your own bill for grad classes?  I never really thought about it, but assumed you would be covered while still under scholarship?  What about room and board?