2018-2019 Roster

Bugeaters1

36 minutes ago, Redhac said:

Seems to me that Williams needs to focus on getting basketball players in the 500 mile radius of Lincoln where there are plenty good players!!   Chasing down players from around the world and the costs associated with that does not fit in with a program that does not breakeven!!!

I'll take that statement some what seriously.......

Certainly not wrong but....at this point in the long term team development, we'll take any highly qualified/skilled player. And will continue to go after the 500 mile locals. Maybe someday when all the real good talent is knocking at our door we won't need go overseas or elsewhere. 

Coach Amy does what she has to do,  to get where she and the team is trying to go. ......If that means recruiting "aussies", so be it.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Redhac said:

Seems to me that Williams needs to focus on getting basketball players in the 500 mile radius of Lincoln where there are plenty good players!!   Chasing down players from around the world and the costs associated with that does not fit in with a program that does not breakeven!!!

If you are trolling, well played.  If not, two words...  Title IX

If your criteria for a women's program is to "break even", you can kiss Husker football goodbye.  And, for every Nicole Kubic, Jordan Hooper, Karen Jenning, or Maurtice Ivy, you will find a Kelsey Griffin, Danielle Page, Anna DeForge, Lindsey Moore, Rachel Theriot, Chelsea Aubrey, or Cory Montgomerie.   Talent within the 500 mile radius is important, but, if you want to compete for titles, you need to look everywhere.  We have coaches with international connections. It would be mismanagement, not to utilize their strengths.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

Edited by 12dozen
wrong name

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, 12dozen said:

If you are trolling, well played.  If not, two words...  Title IX

If your criteria for a women's program is to "break even", you can kiss Husker football goodbye.  And, for every Nicole Kubic, Jordan Hooper, Karen Jenning, or Maurtice Ivy, you will find a Kelsey Griffin, Danielle Page, Anna DeForge, Lindsey Wagner, Rachel Theriot, Chelsea Aubrey, or Cory Montgomerie.   Talent within the 500 mile radius is important, but, if you want to compete for titles, you need to look everywhere.  We have coaches with international connections. It would be mismanagement, not to utilize their strengths.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

I'm pretty sure she was the bionic woman.  But hey, we've all done that with names!  ?  (wow, a lot of emojis now)

STUFF

Notice the date....June 15          Wonder why this wasn't in the local news ?

AND 

http://panthernow.com/2018/05/10/womens-basketball-loses-key-veteran-following-junior-guards-decision/

http://panthernow.com/2018/02/11/womens-point-guard-becomes-catalyst-team/

This immediate help....an experienced transfer should really will help our guard play after losing so many guards last season. 

Edited by redsteve

From Big Red Today:  Looks like we will be losing some players.  Would be nice to pick up a transfer or two.

"Don’t be stunned to see a few roster changes announced by the Nebraska women’s basketball team. And don’t be stunned to see all four true freshmen — Leigha Brown, Sam Haiby, Kayla Mershon and Ashtyn Veerbeek — play quite a bit next season."  

Edited by Tinpanalley

6 hours ago, Tinpanalley said:

From Big Red Today:  Looks like we will be losing some players.  Would be nice to pick up a transfer or two.

"Don’t be stunned to see a few roster changes announced by the Nebraska women’s basketball team. And don’t be stunned to see all four true freshmen — Leigha Brown, Sam Haiby, Kayla Mershon and Ashtyn Veerbeek — play quite a bit next season."  

If those leave that seem to be apparent (plus or minus one or two maybe)...that will leave us kind of short roster wise, so the newbies will have to play. And from all indications they have talent that will be huge.

If Hudson does show up... hope so.....the experience is really needed at guard. 

Rebounders will be at a premium. May be the teams biggest hurdle to success this coming year.

New and different squad possibly...big changes coming...will another interesting year. ?

Watch the video....

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens-basketball/australia-s-isabelle-bourne-commits-to-nebraska-women-s-basketball/article_04c10246-1e9e-584b-8e95-1c10bf332747.html

Edited by redsteve

3 hours ago, Tinpanalley said:

This is no surprise, just wonder when the announcement will be made.

59 minutes ago, redsteve said:

If those leave that seem to be apparent (plus or minus one or two maybe)...that will leave us kind of short roster wise, so the newbies will have to play. And from all indications they have talent that will be huge.

Rebounders will be at a premium. May be their biggest hurdle to success this coming year.

New and different squad possibly...big changes coming...will another interesting year. ?

Watch the video....

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/womens-basketball/australia-s-isabelle-bourne-commits-to-nebraska-women-s-basketball/article_04c10246-1e9e-584b-8e95-1c10bf332747.html

I believe that coach picked up a grad transfer. but wont know for sure til next month. It would be nice to get one or two more on the roster., for a full sized team.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Rebounders will be at a premium. May be their biggest hurdle to success this coming year.

Watch the video....

I'm wondering who will back up Cain in the post? Mitchell, Verbeek?

20 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I'm wondering who will back up Cain in the post? Mitchell, Verbeek?

i'm going to guess Mershon will get a shot at playing some post. she is listed at 6'2"-3"---depends which article one is reading. wouldn't be a surprise to see Mershon, Verbeek, and Mitchell get a lot of work there. Once things start rolling, Mitchell may get the most minutes. this news is making me a bit nervous about RB.?

2 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i'm going to guess Mershon will get a shot at playing some post. she is listed at 6'2"-3"---depends which article one is reading. wouldn't be a surprise to see Mershon, Verbeek, and Mitchell get a lot of work there. Once things start rolling, Mitchell may get the most minutes. this news is making me a bit nervous about RB.?

Lets of people are nervous I would suspect.

29 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Lets of people are nervous I would suspect.

Nothing to be nervous about; its been apparent for quite some time she wouldn't be physically able to keep playing.    We'll be moving on without 3 players with returning eligibility from last year, which many have known for a  long time but Sam finally decided to put it out there vaguely.    The coaches are in charge of timing the announcement, but this has been done for awhile.  

24 minutes ago, HB said:

Nothing to be nervous about; its been apparent for quite some time she wouldn't be physically able to keep playing.    We'll be moving on without 3 players with returning eligibility from last year, which many have known for a  long time but Sam finally decided to put it out there vaguely.    The coaches are in charge of timing the announcement, but this has been done for awhile.  

Sam?