New assistant - Armon Gates

reddan

53 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

OK, so why no official announcement?

You have an opening; you apparently have your guy.  So ...

Until he signs the contract he hasn't signed the contract and it's not official. 

If for some reason he has signed, could be giving him that #PigSooie buffer day :D:D:D:D

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

It's clear the guy is gone from Florida, though it's very fuzzy as to why.  Some hints seem to suggest there was an undisclosed problem with him; other hints suggest the Florida coach just changed his mind and left Gates hanging.  W

As long as we did our due diligence on this let the good people of Florida play the finger pointing game

Image result for spiderman pointing

19 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I thought we had no chance at a quality assistant with a head coach with only 3 years left on his contract....He must not be very good or at least that is what I should gather from the last two months of reading this message board.

The odds of a high level Florida assistant by way of Northwestern suddenly being unemployed are independent of Miles' contract length

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

The odds of a high level Florida assistant by way of Northwestern suddenly being unemployed are independent of Miles' contract length

True...but my contention with assistants is that they are often moving jobs based on their situations much less than the head coach's situations...

and this is an example of how assistants move for one reason or another....

2 hours ago, Blindcheck said:

I thought we had no chance at a quality assistant with a head coach with only 3 years left on his contract....He must not be very good or at least that is what I should gather from the last two months of reading this message board.

You must be mistaking this board for HuskersOnline

24 minutes ago, big red22 said:

You must be mistaking this board for HuskersOnline

Yeah.  In looking this week at other message boards, one thing is striking: Nebasketball discussions on Red Sea Scrolls are unrelentingly and viciously negative—much more than on other boards.  And that’s even true for boards who want their coach fired.

I attribute this to the presence on RSS of Husker football fans who are fans of other basketball teams (primarily Jays), who are paying for the service, and who hate (literally) Nebrasketball.

23 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Yeah.  In looking this week at other message boards, one thing is striking: Nebasketball discussions on Red Sea Scrolls are unrelentingly and viciously negative—much more than on other boards.  And that’s even true for boards who want their coach fired.

I attribute this to the presence on RSS of Husker football fans who are fans of other basketball teams (primarily Jays), who are paying for the service, and who hate (literally) Nebrasketball.

I agree with your analysis of RSS. I would add to your list Husker football fans who know nothing about basketball yet apply Husker football expectations to the basketball team.

On 5/4/2018 at 8:10 AM, Norm Peterson said:

This is getting just a bit weird, imo.

A week ago Saturday, reddan proves, perhaps for the first time, that his source actually has access to some information.  Ten minutes later, ajb chimes in and seems to be aware of the same rumor.

By 5:00 p.m. that same day, there's some serious smoke.

It's clear the guy is gone from Florida, though it's very fuzzy as to why.  Some hints seem to suggest there was an undisclosed problem with him; other hints suggest the Florida coach just changed his mind and left Gates hanging.  We've had legit news sources, who hold themselves to higher journalistic standards than your typical blog or message board, report that unnamed sources confirm this is happening, yet ...

There's been no smoke signals whatsoever from the university, not even a frickin' official tweet from Brian Rosenthal.

And Gates's twitter profile still shows the Florida Gators basketball floor.

Exactly what are they waiting for?

I was told the wife may be the holdup to getting this done . I  really do have a source but he's much more tuned in to volleyball and gives me things about basketball in passing. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:15 PM, Blindcheck said:

Has there been an announcement that I've missed?