Dachon Burke SO. transfer Robert Morris ->

hhcmatt

• hhcmatt changed the title to Dachon Burke SO. transfer Robert Morris ->

Seems like an East Coast kid but our ability to take transfers and turn them into stars probably put us on the radar

I"m looking at his numbers and what i'm seeing Is Tai Webster like production in the Northeast conference.

What I mean by that is he's a guy that can get his own shot, gets to the FT line, gets to the rim, is capable of dominating the ball, isn't an above average shooter.

No idea what he looks like on the defensive end.

I think he'd be a good piece and certainly can work on that shot during a redshirt season but he's one of those guys who should be our 3rd or 4th scoring option/best player.

Could help replace palmers Driving ability and FT production for 19-20. I wonder how many scholarships the staff thinks will be open. I count mcveighs, Xavier’s, and probably copes. I hope to fill mcveighs w Chang. I would think we leave Xavier’s open until he decides what he’s going to do. If you give this guy copes scholarship we will be out and still short a big guy. They could pull borchardts I suppose to get another but that’s kinda a bad look isn’t it?

7 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Could help replace palmers Driving ability and FT production for 19-20. I wonder how many scholarships the staff thinks will be open. I count mcveighs, Xavier’s, and probably copes. I hope to fill mcveighs w Chang. I would think we leave Xavier’s open until he decides what he’s going to do. If you give this guy copes scholarship we will be out and still short a big guy. They could pull borchardts I suppose to get another but that’s kinda a bad look isn’t it?

I think Borchardt was just put on scholarship for the semester. Nothing was gauranteed after that. If thats the case, im sure Tanner and his family were both informed of it.

Sounds like w a good visit this week he is ours, he cancelled a visit he had scheduled to St. John’s. Shot 50% from 2 point land, 34 percent from 3 point land, and 63% from the free throw line last year. Has had quite a few programs contact him. W our recent success w similar wing transfers he could be big time for us after sitting out a year. 

Here is some information about Dachon Burke, on the Robert Morris website, from his freshman year (his sophomore bio is not available):

- An all-around athlete with the ability to contribute in a variety of ways
- Can knock down the open jumper as well as slash to the rim
- Arguably the most natural defender on the roster

Huskers could be frontrunner for transfer guard Burke

When Nebraska head coach Tim Miles and assistant Michael Lewis showed up at Dachon Burke’s doorstep for an in-home visit last Wednesday, the junior-to-be transfer from Robert Morris wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

By the time his meeting with the Husker coaches concluded, Burke knew NU had vaulted towards the top of his list of potential transfer options.

In fact, it went so well that the 6-foot-4 guard - who will have to sit out next season and then have two years of eligibility remaining - locked in his first official visit to Lincoln for Wednesday and Thursday.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-could-be-frontrunner-for-transfer-guard-burke?guccounter=1