Jump to content
Norm Peterson

Is Bill Moos going to give me a year off my donations?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Shower Cap Husker said:

 

Recent events, seriously?!  

 

March 14, season ended.  

 

March 27, Moos announces Miles will be back. He also said contract will be discussed/finalized after Final 4.  

 

April 2, Final 4 ended.  (11 days ago)

 

April 9, Hunter announced as UCONN assistant.

 

April 10, Xavier Johnson wavering from LOI.  

 

April 12, Miles & staff fly to meet with XJ & crew.  

 

April 13, XJ public knowledge of request, and granted, release from LOI.

 

April 14 (2.5 hours), no public release of Miles' contract extension.   

 

How in the H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS do you (Moos) sit there with no public extension & allow your head coach to visit our prize recruit - who's wavering - without announcing the extension?!?  Not only that, we're losing ground in the transfer market. You don't, he screwed this up from the beginning! 

 

No surprise, he doesn't have Osborne, Davison, parents, an alma mater, etc doing all the dirty work like he did last fall in to the early part of winter. 

 

There's strong talk Moos turned down Miles when he requested a 3-year contract for Hunter.  But since that's not public info, or verified, who knows for certain. 

 

No worries, Moos is a farmer!!!  He's one of us.  Yippee. 

 Cool narrative, I’m not a Moos fan because he’s had a ranch once but I take it you’re saying that because you don’t wanna have an intelligent conversation. Hunter leaving is more on Miles than it is Moos. Johnson leaving is more on Miles than it is Moos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

 Cool narrative, I’m not a Moos fan because he’s had a ranch once but I take it you’re saying that because you don’t wanna have an intelligent conversation. Hunter leaving is more on Miles than it is Moos. Johnson leaving is more on Miles than it is Moos.

 

Ya, the timeline and following paragraphs were for squirts & giggles.  Both of your responses tell me all I need to know about you and any "intelligent conversation"(s).

Edited by Shower Cap Husker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

My point is Miles contract doesn’t effect our ability to hire a coach? I’m not saying we can hire whoever we want. It sounds like you agree with me, the asst coach will be tied to Miles wins and losses next year not his contract. 

 

No, we don't agree.  No quality coaches will want the job.  The entire situation absolutely and directly will dramatically limit the pool of candidates for them coaching position.  Not a hard concept 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HB said:

And for those of you who don't think this goes higher than Moos, again, please exit the dream world and enter the real one. 

 

You mean...no it can't be...he has bigger things to worry about...:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HB said:

 

No, we don't agree.  No quality coaches will want the job.  The entire situation absolutely and directly will dramatically limit the pool of candidates for them coaching position.  Not a hard concept 

Well the they don’t believe miles can put together a decent season then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shower Cap Husker said:

 

Ya, the timeline and following paragraphs were for squirts & giggles.  Both of your responses tell me all I need to know about you and any "intelligent conversation"(s).

Alright I’m not making shitty generalizations about farming and down voting people who disagree with me.....childish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Alright I’m not making shitty generalizations about farming and down voting people who disagree with me.....childish.

 

It was a short jab at Moos, with plenty of substance prior that you chose to ignore for whatever reason. 

 

You've been down voted for offering absolutely nothing to the topic/discussion.  And it'll continue with each worthless response of yours.  

Edited by Shower Cap Husker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shower Cap Husker said:

 

It was a short jab at Moos, with plenty of substance prior that you chose to ignore for whatever reason. 

 

You've been down voted for offering absolutely nothing to the topic/discussion.  And it'll continue with each worthless response of yours.  

 

377B0285-8703-4D5E-BE51-AB0EF2F074F4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing is turning into a joke and pretty much sums up Nebrasketball and the history of this program.  Will anyone ever care to invest in this program and and make decisions?  You dont think Barfknecht is purposely used by Miles to give out info that he can write about that supports Miles and the program and the issues Miles has?  Why did Miles find it necessary to tell Lee about he hasnt heard about his contract?  Cause Miles wants to control the message.  Miles isn't stupid and Lee will write it cause he gets that insider info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is moos waiting til april 22nd to see what palmer and copeland do? it kind of seems like it.

 

the fact that the best we could do is offer a 20k raise to kenya seems like an insult. he's recruited 95% of our best players since he's been here.

Edited by TimSmiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not a fan of this moos guy myself. Gets way to much credit for the frost hire and apparently doesn’t know the definition of stability. 

 

Hope miles goes out and gets us another 20 win season and a tourney win then gets the hell outta dodge, goes someplace where the administration will back him instead of fluttering in the wind every off season. 

 

Loosing xavier and Kenya doesn’t make or break the program, it’s just the fact that both losses coulda been prevented pretty easily, it’s gonna be a long spring for us fans and probably an even longer winter the way things are going  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get this thread off the personal sniping and explain for me yet again when the last date players can return to the program falls. April 22? or some time in May? It certainly wasn't April 10. There still seems to be confusion on this important issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hskr4life said:

 

Got to have a plan.  Period.  As an AD, you need to have a plan and go with it.  Either fire Miles or extend him.  He is not doing the basketball program any favors with waiting and waiting and waiting.

This is spot on, he could have saved a lot of the headaches that are coming.

Edited by colhusker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dustystehl said:

 

I get what you're saying, but man, what a tough spot to be in. Personally, I don't think Moos views Miles as the guy to run this program long-term. But you can't really justify firing a coach who just won 22 games unless you replace him with a coach who REALLY gets the juices flowing. It's just tough, man.

That is why UNL pays him a a hell of a lot more than I will ever get paid. To take care of these types of situations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically have my rose colored glasses securely attached; but not with what is occurring these recent days.  My "feeling" is that Mr. Moos had a plan and that plan fell through.  His plan B must be at risk too.

 

My take is that we now have the beginnings of a dumpster fire.  Certainly it can be extinguished;  but my fear is that it will grow and then who knows what the heck will result.

 

Either support and extend your coach, or fire him and move on.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colhusker said:

That is why UNL pays him a a hell of a lot more than I will ever get paid. To take care of these types of situations.  

 

Moos only makes $1M per year - half of what Miles gets paid. I understand the point you're trying to make, but (if basing things on salaries) one could argue that Miles should carry 2/3 of the blame here.

 

When it comes down to it, some people support Moos more than Miles, others support Miles more than Moos. We may never agree, but we all just want to know what the heck is going to happen. And who you support impacts how long you're willing to wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

I typically have my rose colored glasses securely attached; but not with what is occurring these recent days.  My "feeling" is that Mr. Moos had a plan and that plan fell through.  His plan B must be at risk too.

 

My take is that we now have the beginnings of a dumpster fire.  Certainly it can be extinguished;  but my fear is that it will grow and then who knows what the heck will result.

 

Either support and extend your coach, or fire him and move on.  

 

 

The phrase “dumpster fire” gets thrown around too often similar to how everyone uses the term “perfect storm”. Moos is definitely mishandling the situation, but the result will hardly be a calamity. Sadly enough, worst case scenario will be no different than where we were a year ago, eg losing 10+ conference games and worrying about losing to schools like Incarnate Word. 2017-2018 was an exceptional year for Nebraska but most other schools, 22-10 is an average year. 

 

I agree Moos needs to make a clear, unequivocal move. Moos did not create this mess, but he must fix it. He is gambling that the mess will fix itself. Lots of people take that gamble and end up with mediocre results. Moos wants Miles to prove himself to get the extension. A second consecutive winning season shows Miles is building something. A losing season in 2018-2019 means this last season was an aberration, and Miles is gone. Bad strategy. 

 

If Miles had been taking his job seriously, Xiaver Johnson would be a nonissue.  The kid was Miles #1 recruit and it is being reported that Miles did not have much of a relationship with Xavier. That raises red flags. Miles is the head man. Kids should want to play for him and not just an assist coach. If the kid is not loyal to Miles, will the kid follow Miles coaching?

 

No inside info, but Kenya Hunter leaving is likely more about Kenya than Miles and Moos. This situation is not the first time an assist left to coach with one of the Hurley clan. Dan Hurley is considered an up and comer, and UConn is a good school with a national reputation. In the history of college basketball only 8 of the national championship matchups featured schools not from the Eastern Time zone, and Kenya seems to want to get back to the east coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Donkey said:

 

The phrase “dumpster fire” gets thrown around too often similar to how everyone uses the term “perfect storm”. Moos is definitely mishandling the situation, but the result will hardly be a calamity. Sadly enough, worst case scenario will be no different than where we were a year ago, eg losing 10+ conference games and worrying about losing to schools like Incarnate Word. 2017-2018 was an exceptional year for Nebraska but most other schools, 22-10 is an average year. 

 

I agree Moos needs to make a clear, unequivocal move. Moos did not create this mess, but he must fix it. He is gambling that the mess will fix itself. Lots of people take that gamble and end up with mediocre results. Moos wants Miles to prove himself to get the extension. A second consecutive winning season shows Miles is building something. A losing season in 2018-2019 means this last season was an aberration, and Miles is gone. Bad strategy. 

 

If Miles had been taking his job seriously, Xiaver Johnson would be a nonissue.  The kid was Miles #1 recruit and it is being reported that Miles did not have much of a relationship with Xavier. That raises red flags. Miles is the head man. Kids should want to play for him and not just an assist coach. If the kid is not loyal to Miles, will the kid follow Miles coaching?

 

No inside info, but Kenya Hunter leaving is likely more about Kenya than Miles and Moos. This situation is not the first time an assist left to coach with one of the Hurley clan. Dan Hurley is considered an up and comer, and UConn is a good school with a national reputation. In the history of college basketball only 8 of the national championship matchups featured schools not from the Eastern Time zone, and Kenya seems to want to get back to the east coast. 

Good post, think a lot of people on here are quick to lay the blame on one person. Reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donkey said:

If Miles had been taking his job seriously, Xiaver Johnson would be a nonissue.  The kid was Miles #1 recruit and it is being reported that Miles did not have much of a relationship with Xavier. That raises red flags. Miles is the head man. Kids should want to play for him and not just an assist coach. If the kid is not loyal to Miles, will the kid follow Miles coaching?

 

No inside info, but Kenya Hunter leaving is likely more about Kenya than Miles and Moos. This situation is not the first time an assist left to coach with one of the Hurley clan. Dan Hurley is considered an up and comer, and UConn is a good school with a national reputation. In the history of college basketball only 8 of the national championship matchups featured schools not from the Eastern Time zone, and Kenya seems to want to get back to the east coast.

 

Agree with the full post. For this particular snippet, can we blame Hunter for leaving? It's sad, but I do think he made a good move professionally (and likely personally just to go back to his region of the country). I don't want to look back and think "man, it hurts that he left" but....man it hurts that he left. I hope we can find a replacement under Miles' regime that can replace that void.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shower Cap Husker said:

 

It was a short jab at Moos, with plenty of substance prior that you chose to ignore for whatever reason. 

 

You've been down voted for offering absolutely nothing to the topic/discussion.  And it'll continue with each worthless response of yours.  

 

This isn't twitter or Rivals; don't bully people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dustystehl said:

 

Moos only makes $1M per year - half of what Miles gets paid. I understand the point you're trying to make, but (if basing things on salaries) one could argue that Miles should carry 2/3 of the blame here.

 

When it comes down to it, some people support Moos more than Miles, others support Miles more than Moos. We may never agree, but we all just want to know what the heck is going to happen. And who you support impacts how long you're willing to wait. 

The bottom line is him doing nothing is hurting the program.  He needs to do his damn job and earn that $1M a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×