NBA Playoffs

khoock

13 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Don't forget the refs blowing 4 or 5 calls in favor of GSW. LeBron should've been shooting the and 1 on his last drive of regulation. And the change of the charge call was ridiculous.  Just make every questionable call reviewable then.

The charge block call appeared to be correct before they changed it; Yet, reasonable people have fought over those calls for years.

However, it is beyond understanding why they did not call GS for being in the lane on Cleveland's missed free throw with 4 seconds left and the score tied. They ignore this infraction way to frequently. With seconds left you would think they might pay attention.

The calls all going GS way in the end of the game probably changed the outcome of this game. It most probably took away the likely outcome that would have had Cleveland made the next free throw and see GS (probably Currey) shoot one of those memorable shots for the ages.

Edited by trickey

What pisses me off is that you can somehow review a block charge judgement call in that spot, but when James goaltended olidipo game 5 with a second left and they missed it, it was not reviewable, and that isn’t even a judgement call, as it either hit the backboard first or it didn’t.  Indiana got robbed of a close out home Game 6, which they win by 30 in the non close out.  

20 minutes ago, nustudent said:

DIdn't think it was a charge.   Don;t know how you can legitimately overturn it either.

Block/charge calls remain the worst rule in sports

What was crazy to me was how different it looked between real time and slow motion. Real time you think it's a charge all day, but slow mo you can see Lebron is kind of dipping his shoulder a little and isn't quite set, but the fact that even slow motion was kind of subjective I don't think you can just overturn that call. Officiating has been awful the entire playoffs unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Also I have to give Lue a little bit of criticism. Why....is....JR....playing...so....many....minutes? Offense is atrocious and giving nothing on D = bench. Put Green or Korver in more.

I agree with Green but Korver has been atrocious all the way through the Boston series.  

Just now, Dean Smith said:

I agree with Green but Korver has been atrocious all the way through the Boston series.  

Korver has been excellent in the playoffs.  He didn’t match up well with Boston at all and played sparingly.  They don’t get out of the Indiana series without tremendous play by Korver.  

10 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Korver has been excellent in the playoffs.  He didn’t match up well with Boston at all and played sparingly.  They don’t get out of the Indiana series without tremendous play by Korver.  

I said through through the Boston series. And I really only watched the last three games of that series. I am not not googling stats but I know his shooting percentage was not good last night and I don’t believe it was very good against Boston. His defense is just not good. He’s often not in the proper position to help and he doesn’t really adjust his play based on the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent. So based on the small sample size that I’ve watched these playoffs, if he is not shooting a very good clip from behind the line, I don’t think you really get anything out of him. 

Edited by Dean Smith

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

I said through through the Boston series. And I really only watched the last three games of that series. I am not not googling stats but I know his shooting percentage was not good last night and I don’t believe it was very good against Boston. His defense is just not good. He’s often not in the proper position to help and he doesn’t really adjust his play based on the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent. So based on the small sample size that I’ve watched these playoffs, if he is not shooting a very good clip from behind the line, I don’t think you really get anything out of him. 

I take all the way through the Boston series to mean throughout the playoffs.  If someone says he was atrocious in the Boston series I would know they meant the Boston series.  Bottom line is Korver has been instrumental in them getting to this point.  Wouldn’t be here without him and this is a slightly better matchup offensively , albeit still not a good one for him defensively obviously.  

Overturning the charge call was ridiculous...the only way that call can be reviewed is if it is close to being in the restricted area (they then can look at the whole play)...IMO, there was no question that Lebron was outside the restricted area....thus it should never have been reviewed.

Replays in general...i think look at things that should never be looked at...let the officials make the calls and allow 1 challenge a game per coach...if the win the challenge they keep it....so theoretically they could have as many as they get correct.

Also, if you are going to look at obvious missed calls...Why not review the free throw attempts by lebron where he steps across the line before the ball hits the rim...every time.

42 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I take all the way through the Boston series to mean throughout the playoffs.  If someone says he was atrocious in the Boston series I would know they meant the Boston series.  Bottom line is Korver has been instrumental in them getting to this point.  Wouldn’t be here without him and this is a slightly better matchup offensively , albeit still not a good one for him defensively obviously.  

Sorry I’m so confusing. I agree he can be important. If he shoots the three at a good percentage you can justify playing him, if not he becomes a liability and needs to sit because he doesn’t really offer anything else. 

43 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

Sorry I’m so confusing. I agree he can be important. If he shoots the three at a good percentage you can justify playing him, if not he becomes a liability and needs to sit because he doesn’t really offer anything else. 

Based on the game last night, the Warriors know how to guard Korver too so I agree that he isn't going to be as serviceable this series either. Especially since he can't guard Klay at all. Hopefully he gets his shot going for the rest of this series. I just can't stand watching JR do his signature 4 crossover dribbles then fade away shot much more.

Conspiracy theorists will declare that the appearance of lopsided refereeing gives rise to game fixing possibilities. 

I would lean towards believing that theory IF the calls were favorable to Cleveland given the betting lines.  But that said, some of the calls last night were horrible.

Edited by Huskerpapa

7 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Conspiracy theorists will declare that the appearance of lopsided refereeing gives rise to game fixing possibilities. 

I would lean towards believing that theory IF the calls were favorable to Cleveland given the betting lines.  But that said, some of the calls last night were horrible.

I do think their are issues with NBA officiating....I don't think it has to do with gambling.

I see inconsistencies in calls....for example..Curry drives the lane and gets hit on the head...he gets that call (as he should) 98% of the time....Lebron drives the lane and gets hit on the head, he might only get that call 85% of the time....Why.... is it because Curry has a slight build and LBJ is bigger and stronger...I am not sure, but I see calls on one side of the court get called and get ingored on the end.

NBA officiating being questioned? I’m shocked....shocked!

What a boring game the NBA has become, 3 players standing while Le Bron decides to pick, Roll or jack up a shot.  No fluidity, no 5 men passing, cutting in team play.  Wait! I forgot it’s the NBA, it’s not about team it’s about the stars.

27 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

NBA officiating being questioned? I’m shocked....shocked!

What a boring game the NBA has become, 3 players standing while Le Bron decides to pick, Roll or jack up a shot.  No fluidity, no 5 men passing, cutting in team play.  Wait! I forgot it’s the NBA, it’s not about team it’s about the stars.

Hot take from somebody who probably doesnt watch a lot of NBA. Two of the last 4 teams (Boston and GS) left in the playoffs play GREAT team bball. 

And alot of you on here cried and complained all season about collegiate reffing so lets not act like its just an NBA problem.

Lastly, have you seen LeBrons teammates?? They dont make clutch plays and apparently dont even know the score in gm 1 of the NBA finals. Cant blame him for not trusting them.

Im a member of an online Laker group & the endless hand wringing over Lebron makes me ill. He's a fantastic talent, no two ways about it. I just don't want to see him in the home Golds. And can we please stop with the GOAT "debate" between him & Jordan, ho hum. It's always puzzled me why Jabaar is never even included in this conversation. Six rings, the last at age 40, and scored more points than anybody, ever...