Sign in to follow this  
khoock

NBA Playoffs

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Wanna talk about great coaching? How about what Brad Stevens is doing in Boston?! Incredible.

No Kyrie, no Gordon Hayward, and a limited Jaylen Brown and they are still up 3-0. 

Guy is a wizard, and the Rozier kid has been fun to watch. He's a player.

Conference Semifinal Results

(4) Cleveland over (1) Toronto 4-0

(2) Boston over (3) Philadelphia 4-1

(1) Houston over (5) Utah 4-1

(2) Golden State over (6) New Orleans 4-1

Not surprised at how the West semis turned out. But I am surprised about how uncompetitive the East semis were.

24 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

So, was the losing coach in that series going to get fired?

I think it was how they lost for Casey, they were the #1 seed and got straight boat-raced. If it goes 6 or 7 I think they hold on to him. 2-12 against the Cavs in the playoffs the last 3 years.

The Cavs will be interesting. If Lebron bails this offseason do they keep Lue and try and build around their lottery pick? Do they scrap everything and start fresh? Gonna be interesting how it plays out.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

casey not adjusting to love's explosion in game 2 might have singlehandedly cost him his job. He's a good coach by NBA standards, but you can't blame the raptors for wanting to go further in the playoffs at some point

Coach of the year = fired.  Definitely a players league.  Easiest and cheapest person to fire is the coach.  Not being able to coach those two players to properly tip in the missed shot (I believe that was game two) ended up being a life changer for Casey 😋

Edited by Huskerpapa

On 5/12/2018 at 9:30 AM, Huskerpapa said:

Coach of the year = fired.  Definitely a players league.  Easiest and cheapest person to fire is the coach.  Not being able to coach those two players to properly tip in the missed shot (I believe that was game two) ended up being a life changer for Casey 😋

That was game one that Toronto lost 113-112 in OT.

2 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I wonder if Bill Shelf is willing to take the vacant Toronto Raptors in order to avoid any potential NCAA sanctions? (similar to Pete Carroll)

The thing about these upper echelon coaches is that they truly believe their poop doesn't stink.  They do not believe that the NCAA  will sanction one of their main moneymakers.   Quite frankly, there is likely  some truth to that belief.  Tark, perhaps Sampson  and very few others have felt the wrath of the governing body.  Has the NCAA banned Petino?   Maybe I am not remembering major basketball sanctions against a specific high level coach.

The Spurs just announced that they are moving in a new direction with their cheerleader squad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/spurs-reportedly-disband-female-dance-squad-family-friendly-co-ed-hype-team-221721033.html

Now the real question is... are they going to move more in the direction of a co-ed Creighton awkward hype squad or a co-ed Shim Shams squad?