Kenya Hunter

bball23

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Unneccessary middle management with hefty paychecks, Sadler extension.  Best hire looks like a guy who was a good coach but great asshole.   He was the best of the group, but it’s not like he was pushing all the right buttons 

Miles, Pelini & Ersty were all good -- not great -- hires.

6 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Unneccessary middle management with hefty paychecks, Sadler extension.  Best hire looks like a guy who was a good coach but great asshole.   He was the best of the group, but it’s not like he was pushing all the right buttons 

Practice facility, new arena and B1G Conference outweighs your middle management paychecks.  Sadler extension was a great way of saying "Thanks for being a good soldier".

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Practice facility, new arena and B1G Conference outweighs your middle management paychecks.  Sadler extension was a great way of saying "Thanks for being a good soldier".

Won’t say he didn’t do some good things.  He did.   Just that he wasn’t walking around with the Midas touch 

19 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Won’t say he didn’t do some good things.  He did.   Just that he wasn’t walking around with the Midas touch 

What A.D. has had it?  Byrne, Devaney, Dye?  Only one I can think of is Barry Collier, and that makes me sick to my stomach.....

Okay, Kenya is gone...See ya!  Thanks for what you have done for us! 

Now we move on.  We need someone who can recruit the East coast. We have the Midwest covered.  I want East/SE.  I also want someone who can develop or front court.  So I am not asking for much, but what I want...is what I want.

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

What A.D. has had it?  Byrne, Devaney, Dye?  Only one I can think of is Barry Collier, and that makes me sick to my stomach.....

Devaney was pretty damn good as an AD.  Hired a lot of really good coaches., and one who is in GOAT discussions.    The job eventually morphed to require bean-counting, human resources, and all sorts of administrative stuff, but the Bobfather had a bunch of people skills and good instincts.  He served us well for many a year.  

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

Interesting definition of good 

My thoughts on this too.  Pelini was good - hard to argue 9 wins a season, but far from great.

Miles has been average to goo

Erstad below average - Yes he won the Big 10 but that is like being the skinny kid at fat camp.

3 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

This one gets my vote.  Hiring Devaney and Cip in a years time, lifting 2 moribund programs out of their funk.

Devaney built a program that kept it out of a funk for 40 years.  Cipriano, got it out of a funk for a handful of years of the twenty he was here.  Nothing more.

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

My thoughts on this too.  Pelini was good - hard to argue 9 wins a season, but far from great.

Miles has been average to goo

Erstad below average - Yes he won the Big 10 but that is like being the skinny kid at fat camp.

Pelini had good not great results, but was an unlikeable as they come. 

Miles is average at best to this point.

Erstad agree.

Very easy to say 2 disappointments and one ok which couldve been okay had he not made one hate him

Edited by nustudent

13 hours ago, big red22 said:

I just don't understand why all these guys would not want to be back next year?  There is a reason we never make it over the hump.  It is because guys aren't in it to win for Nebraska, they are in it to make a name for themselves. 

If coach Hunter, Copeland and Palmer all come back with the mindset of "Lets win this for Nebraska!" things would fall into place for everyone involved.  I don't think I am speaking out of place when saying that if these guys all came back with a goal of winning the whole damn thing.  Both Palmer and Copeland would be looking a better draft status.  You could include Roby in that discussion as well.

Winning ball games, gets the eyes on you!  if I were all of them I'd be all about it, but that is the key "I'm not them".  

It is like the office worker that is unhappy with his job, but doesn't do anything about it but complain.  Then he takes another job that is basically the same thing at a different place.  Rinse and Repeat.

• Kenya Hunter - If he leaves to UConn, Xavier or any other school as an assistant.  He would basically be starting over from scratch.  He would single handedly ruin any possibility of Nebraska breaking through next year, because he is a big part of the reason a lot of these kids are at Nebraska.  What would look better?  Taking a Big10 Nebraska team to the NCAA tournament next year and making some noise?  Going to Xavier to work with a new coach that has no guarantee to do well?  Go to UConn that is in the AAC? 

I think his best option is to prove he can do the unthinkable and take this Nebraska team to winning some games in the tournament.  It is right there in front of these guys, and if everyone buys in, good things will happen next year.  Hunter will be offered head coaching positions, instead of assistant positions...  If Nebraska makes a run next year!

• Copeland and Palmer - If neither of them are projected to be drafted in the 1st round, it should be a no brainer to come back.  They can play in the D-League any damn time they want.  They can play overseas this year, and any other year after this one.  So why not do it at Nebraska?  If either of them get a 1st round pick evaluation then by all means take the leap,.  if not make history for a University that would put you in their hall of fame for being the first players that got them their 1st NCAA tournament win.

I know I am not them, and they have to do what they feel is in their best interest!  I get that, but being a Husker Legend and doing something that has never been done by anyone else that has put on the same uniform. <<<That would be a hell of a lot better then playing for team overseas IMO

Yes, yes, yes. Excellent post. 

So our Football program is fixed!  How can you be so certain.  The wins will be hard to come by and Husker fans are not patient.  

We we have shown patience with Miles and Nebraska is never going to be a yearly contender for B1G championships, our history is clear on that.  We need to support Miles until someone, who is clearly superior, accepts the job.

1 hour ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Xavier Johnson's Twitter bio no longer features "Nebraska Basketball Commit," and he did like the UCONN tweet that introduced Kenya. The vibes are not too fantastic right now. 

Well that’s awesome! Things are going so well! Serious question because I don’t know the answer...do recruits ever get released from their LOIs because their lead recruiter moved on?

1 minute ago, ajb5856 said:

Well that’s awesome! Things are going so well! Serious question because I don’t know the answer...do recruits ever get released from their LOIs because their lead recruiter moved on?

Sure, it's happened. If Kenya left on really good terms, maybe Miles would consider a release because they're friends. But if he left on good terms, would Kenya want to do that to MIles? Like everything, it's complicated. 

And right now, all we know is that Xavier typed on twitter yesterday.