Kenya Hunter

bball23

My opinion on Miles' extended contract drastically changes depending on the validity of this news. And the fact that it weighs so heavily on his staff is concerning.

But hey, he's adapted before and has found replacements that work. This one brought us such a good pipeline of players though. Let's hope the current pipeline doesn't defect.

8 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I heard a rumor last night about Kenya leaving, as well as Palmer and Cope being gone. So hearing this 1st domino fall has me extremely worried about Cope and Palmer.

It's my understanding that Cope and Kenya are very close so him leaving could weigh heavily in Copeland's decision unfortunately. 

I just don't understand why all these guys would not want to be back next year?  There is a reason we never make it over the hump.  It is because guys aren't in it to win for Nebraska, they are in it to make a name for themselves. 

If coach Hunter, Copeland and Palmer all come back with the mindset of "Lets win this for Nebraska!" things would fall into place for everyone involved.  I don't think I am speaking out of place when saying that if these guys all came back with a goal of winning the whole damn thing.  Both Palmer and Copeland would be looking a better draft status.  You could include Roby in that discussion as well.

Winning ball games, gets the eyes on you!  if I were all of them I'd be all about it, but that is the key "I'm not them".  

It is like the office worker that is unhappy with his job, but doesn't do anything about it but complain.  Then he takes another job that is basically the same thing at a different place.  Rinse and Repeat.

• Kenya Hunter - If he leaves to UConn, Xavier or any other school as an assistant.  He would basically be starting over from scratch.  He would single handedly ruin any possibility of Nebraska breaking through next year, because he is a big part of the reason a lot of these kids are at Nebraska.  What would look better?  Taking a Big10 Nebraska team to the NCAA tournament next year and making some noise?  Going to Xavier to work with a new coach that has no guarantee to do well?  Go to UConn that is in the AAC? 

I think his best option is to prove he can do the unthinkable and take this Nebraska team to winning some games in the tournament.  It is right there in front of these guys, and if everyone buys in, good things will happen next year.  Hunter will be offered head coaching positions, instead of assistant positions...  If Nebraska makes a run next year!

• Copeland and Palmer - If neither of them are projected to be drafted in the 1st round, it should be a no brainer to come back.  They can play in the D-League any damn time they want.  They can play overseas this year, and any other year after this one.  So why not do it at Nebraska?  If either of them get a 1st round pick evaluation then by all means take the leap,.  if not make history for a University that would put you in their hall of fame for being the first players that got them their 1st NCAA tournament win.

I know I am not them, and they have to do what they feel is in their best interest!  I get that, but being a Husker Legend and doing something that has never been done by anyone else that has put on the same uniform. <<<That would be a hell of a lot better then playing for team overseas IMO

We don't even know how true this is but man this just sucks. It may come down to Kenya wanting to make his way back to the east coast, considering he's from the DC area. And if a proven coach like Hurley is offering you a spot on his staff at a school whose name carries well, like UConn, it's hard to pass up. But the fact that we could be a serious competitor in the B1G next year with Palmer and Copeland returning makes this worse.