Bye bye UConn

Merlin

Jessica played well and the Irish outlawed the Huskies.  They played fearless.  UConn’s weak conference probably doesn’t prepare them for tight games.  

Both games tonight were were a great spotlight for quality Women’s B.B.

Edited by Cazzie22
Addition

The WBB Final,  ND vs Mississippi State, should be an exciting game!   Tomorrow, 4/1/18, Easter Sunday @ 5 pm Central, ESPN.

(Mississippi State is the team who bounced UConn in last years Final Four, 66-64 also in OT, losing to So Carolina in the Final).

ND played only 6 players because of season-ending injuries to several players during the year; and likely would not have made it this far without the transfer, and granting of immediate eligibility to Jessica Shepard from Nebraska. Shepard was the third highest scorer for ND, with 15 points.   Best Wishes to Jess Shepard (except when she plays vs the Huskers  ;))

3 hours ago, Red Don said:

The WBB Final,  ND vs Mississippi State, should be an exciting game!   Tomorrow, 4/1/18, Easter Sunday @ 5 pm Central, ESPN.

(Mississippi State is the team who bounced UConn in last years Final Four, 66-64 also in OT, losing to So Carolina in the Final).

ND played only 6 players because of season-ending injuries to several players during the year; and likely would not have made it this far without the transfer, and granting of immediate eligibility to Jessica Shepard from Nebraska. Shepard was the third highest scorer for ND, with 15 points.   Best Wishes to Jess Shepard (except when she plays vs the Huskers  ;))

I can never root for her. i was U Conn all the way.

8 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I can never root for her. i was U Conn all the way.

What I can't root for is the senseless and mindless decision of the NCAA to grant immediate eligibility and ignore transfer rules.  No point in having rules if you apply them this indiscriminately.   Nothing personal from my standpoint about it, just a sad day in the history of the NCAA.  

UConn just isn't the team of the past few years. Didn't have as strong a post player as in the past. They have a transfer that may well be the factor for next year.  And not so much a difference maker guard on this team. They seem to be a player short at the guard position.

And of course, will have the sensation player that can dunk coming in as a freshmen. If she can contribute early...and a couple of guards pick up the pace.....lookout for UConn. ...........Same old story I guess.

In any event more and more teams aren't afraid of them like they were a few years ago, and have closed the gap talent wise.  We need to do the same, as does everyone else.

It will put some pressure on Geno to get back to the top.  Maybe Geno ran off some he should have kept?

Edited by redsteve

ND will be tough to beat today. Their squad is pretty well rounded, and they're really focused.  The big center from Miss St will give Shepard all she can handle, and the inside play and scoring in the paint,  may determine the game. 

The UConn/ND Game was as good a women;s game I've seen for a long time. Well played tough game...every single touch of the ball....counted.

Edited by redsteve