I'm Torn

joshvanklomp

Tomorrow night is tough for me. I'm a native Minnesotan and a Gopher fan. But I'm also an even bigger Tim Miles fan. Most prognosticators are saying it should be an easy Gophers win, but I'm not so sure.

Nebrasketball likes to muddy up the game, and that's caused problems for the Gophers the past two games. The thing Minnesota has on its side in this one is the fact that its at The Barn. If it was at the Devaney, I might pick Nebraska.

It should be an interesting battle, but I'm pulling for the upset. Go Huskers!

Tomorrow night is tough for me. I'm a native Minnesotan and a Gopher fan. But I'm also an even bigger Tim Miles fan. Most prognosticators are saying it should be an easy Gophers win, but I'm not so sure.

Nebrasketball likes to muddy up the game, and that's caused problems for the Gophers the past two games. The thing Minnesota has on its side in this one is the fact that its at The Barn. If it was at the Devaney, I might pick Nebraska.

It should be an interesting battle, but I'm pulling for the upset. Go Huskers!

I agree... We had no chacne at Michigan, or Michigan State, but we hung in there and had a chance at winning.  We do have a shot at winning this one.  If we do things right, and the ball bounces our way a few times we can win this.

Sagarin has Minnesota now at 95% to win the game tonight.  IMO, that maybe just a little bit low.  But even a 5% chance is a chance.

So, here is the hypothetical.

UMN is #9 in the Pomeroy RPI rankings, Nebraska is #154.  Say we do pull off the miracle and beat them.  How far do we move?

I say we jump around 30 spots to the mid 120's.

I think maybe people are giving Minnesota just a biiitttt too much credit. They're a solid team but they aren't world beaters. I could see being a 19 point dog at Kansas - maybe even 23. But at Minnesota? Give me a break. We went into MSU and MU and kept things much closer. We've won 2 of 3. We aint getting our asses kicked tonight.

Sagarin has Minnesota now at 95% to win the game tonight.  IMO, that maybe just a little bit low.  But even a 5% chance is a chance.

So, here is the hypothetical.

UMN is #9 in the Pomeroy RPI rankings, Nebraska is #154.  Say we do pull off the miracle and beat them.  How far do we move?

I say we jump around 30 spots to the mid 120's.

Would be great, but I think we're too deep into diminishing returns territory to jump that high for a great win. But it would be pretty damned cool to find out, wouldn't it? :)