OT (kinda?): Sitting on a Take - Coach Craig Doty

I wish I was this guy's future agent - because he's gonna be big time. Therefore I'm planting my flag on this take that we will be hearing this guy's name frequently in the next ten years. 

Craig Doty - currently at Graceland University of the NAIA. All the dude does is win, and win quickly. Took Rock Valley College (NJCAA) from last in their conference to 4 straight national tournaments, 3 title games, and won 2 national championships. Won 20 games and was nationally ranked in his first year at Graceland. And just won the National Championship in NAIA D1 last night on a buzzer beater. FWIW, NAIA D1 is some serious ball. https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/20/graceland-naia-national-basketball-title-ot-buzzer-beater-video

He's also created a monster of a camp program with his Midwest Elite Basketball camps. 

36 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I wish I was this guy's future agent - because he's gonna be big time. Therefore I'm planting my flag on this take that we will be hearing this guy's name frequently in the next ten years. 

Craig Doty - currently at Graceland University of the NAIA. All the dude does is win, and win quickly. Took Rock Valley College (NJCAA) from last in their conference to 4 straight national tournaments, 3 title games, and won 2 national championships. Won 20 games and was nationally ranked in his first year at Graceland. And just won the National Championship in NAIA D1 last night on a buzzer beater. FWIW, NAIA D1 is some serious ball. https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/20/graceland-naia-national-basketball-title-ot-buzzer-beater-video

He's also created a monster of a camp program with his Midwest Elite Basketball camps. 

Would he entertain a power 5 assistant job if one came open?!?!.........

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Would he entertain a power 5 assistant job if one came open?!?!.........

I'm friends with some coaches who do the MEB Camps with him over the summer, but I don't know him personally or if there's an answer to that question. 

But personally, I wouldn't if I were him... I'd keep riding the levels as a head coach. 

Edited by basketballjones

Excellent coach

A friend of the family had a kid play for him before he left so saw them often

Rock valley college is near me

actually 1 of my kids is in the aviation maintenance program there as we speak.

I'm pretty sure their women's team just won a championship this year too.

I think the softball team has won it like the last 4 or 5 hrs in a row

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, New huskers fan said:

Excellent coach

A friend of the family had a kid play for him before he left so saw them often

Rock valley college is near me

actually 1 of my kids is in the aviation maintenance program there as we speak.

I'm pretty sure their women's team just won a championship this year too.

I think the softball team has won it like the last 4 or 5 hrs in a row

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

What's his thing? A friend of mine says he's masterful at making kids play/think they're a lot better than they actually may be. Said he also runs some pretty creative/tricky sets (but that's just a bonus and I imagine his success is much more foundational than cool sets).