1. 1. Match the coaches with the #1, #2, and #3 profiles

• 1. Collier, 2. Sadler, 3. Miles
    • 1. Collier, 2. Miles, 3. Sadler
    • 1. Sadler, 2. Miles, 3. Collier
    • 1. Sadler, 2. Collier, 3. Miles
    • 1. Miles, 2. Collier, 3. Sadler
    • 1. Miles, 2. Sadler, 3. Collier

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/20/2018 at 11:30 PM

With all this coach talk, I was curious to see how the computers viewed our previous coaches' performances. I was unable to find data before 2000, so Danny Nee is not included in this analysis (such a shame).

Below are the profiles of the current coach and two previous coaches, in no particular order (Barry Collier 2000-2006, Doc Sadler 2006-2012, Tim Miles 2012-Present). But just giving you that information is no fun... I'll make you guess who is who. :D

Coaching Profiles

1. Coach 1

• Avg RPI: 107
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 136
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 2.2-9.5
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 2.0-3.3
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 7.7-3.0
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.3-11.3

2. Coach 2

• Avg RPI: 110
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 91
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 2.5-7.2
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 3.2-2.7
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 5.0-3.2
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.5-10.8

3. Coach 3

• Avg RPI: 104
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 92
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 1.7-8.0
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 3.3-3.3
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 4.5-3.2
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.0-11.3
Edited by HuskerFever

5 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

With all this coach talk, I was curious to see how the computers viewed our previous coaches' performances. I was unable to find data before 2000, so Danny Nee is not included in this analysis (such a shame).

Below are the profiles of the current coach and two previous coaches, in no particular order (Barry Collier 2000-2006, Doc Sadler 2006-2012, Tim Miles 2012-Present). But just giving you that information is no fun... I'll make you guess who is who. :D

Coaching Profiles

1. Coach 1

• Avg RPI: 107
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 136
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 2.2-9.5
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 2.0-3.3
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 7.7-3.0
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.3-11.3

2. Coach 2

• Avg RPI: 110
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 91
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 2.5-7.2
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 3.2-2.7
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 5.0-3.2
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.5-10.8

3. Coach 3

• Avg RPI: 104
  • Avg Non-Con RPI: 92
  • Avg 1-50 Record: 1.7-8.0
  • Avg 51-100 Record: 3.3-3.3
  • Avg 101-200 Record: 4.5-3.2
  • Avg Top 100 Record: 5.0-11.3

Well done sir.....this was freaking hard. I went 1.Doc 2. Barry 3. Miles

Edited by The Polish Rifle

I went with Barry, Miles, Doc... speaking of Barry, I was living in Mpls. when we knocked off the Gophers & Andre Drevo really lit 'em up that night. So I was at the "Y' the next day and these guys where bitching about how some "dopey" walk-on from Nebraska had beat 'em, all I could do was smile and laugh.

8 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I went with Barry, Miles, Doc... speaking of Barry, I was living in Mpls. when we knocked off the Gophers & Andre Drevo really lit 'em up that night. So I was at the "Y' the next day and these guys where bitching about how some "dopey" walk-on from Nebraska had beat 'em, all I could do was smile and laugh.

True story, Andrew is my parents neighbor now.  He speaks very highly or Barry.

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Are you sure you aren’t talking Brian Conklin? He went for 20 that night.

2 hours ago, ajb5856 said:

Are you sure you aren’t talking Brian Conklin? He went for 20 that night.

Nope, the game I'm referring to was on 12/08/02, Drevo went for 27 & Nate Johnson 14. Conk & Drevo do like alike though in a dopey white guy kinda way.

Edited by Handy Johnson

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

The only reason Miles still has a job is because some hope that the program has positive momentum.

He certainly wasnt retained for the 4 years he had a losing record.

I will disagree, think his first season was one of his best coaching jobs. We did not have much at all to work with. I have really only thought we really under performed in 2014 and 2016. 

I will disagree, think his first season was one of his best coaching jobs. We did not have much at all to work with. I have really only thought we really under performed in 2014 and 2016. 
Yeah but those 3rd 4th and 5th seasons were brutal.

You are allowed to have a rough start but by year 6 you better have positive momentum.

And 22 wins is not positive momentum?
Let's hope to god it is. But in 2014 preseason we were ranked. Hopefully this year wasn't fools gold again.

As a Nebrasketball fan it is hard not to be scared that we will go 13-18 next year.

There is a long time until tipoff. Miles has a lot of work to do with roster retention, roster addition, player development and scheduling.

Tim did a nice job this year. Roby improved dramatically, Copeland was as good as advertised, Palmer was surprisingly All-B1G and Tim was able to massage all the egos, balance PT and keep the roster in tact. Why people even debate keeping him mystifies me, I'd hate to begin another search HOPING we could do better.

Tim did a nice job this year. Roby improved dramatically, Copeland was as good as advertised, Palmer was surprisingly All-B1G and Tim was able to massage all the egos, balance PT and keep the roster in tact. Why people even debate keeping him mystifies me, I'd hate to begin another search HOPING we could do better.
He no doubt saved his job in my opinion. But the ending of the season was brutal.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

That was the biggest eye opening thing for me as well.

And the thing is - it's not like we haven't tried something different. Collier and Doc couldn't be any more opposite. Miles is like neither of them. One common theme we've went after coaches who have had success at slightly lower levels. Doc with probably the least (right?). 

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

And 22 wins is not positive momentum?

It's a positive variable.  Momentum?   We'll see.    If Copeland and Palmer leave and we don't sign another decent big....then that takes quite a bit away from it.   

I guess for me to consider there to be real momentum, there needs to be multiple positive things occurring or appearing to occur.

1 hour ago, PimpMario said:

Yeah but those 3rd 4th and 5th seasons were brutal.

You are allowed to have a rough start but by year 6 you better have positive momentum.

I was not that upset at 2015 either. Having 3 freshman, even good freshman, playing that big of a role is going to be hard to compete in normal big 10 years. Outside of top 25-50 guys, most will really struggle at times as freshman. 2014 and 2016 I agree were issues for me.

I really believe if we fired Miles this year we will really be setting this program back big time. I do have faith in Moos to do the right thing though. I will have serious concerns if big contributors leave for shaky reasons again.

Edited by Art Vandalay